Thread: Boucing mail when sending to a specific qmail server

infostore is offline Junior Member

Default Boucing mail when sending to a specific qmail server

Hi there.
    I have an issue which is driving me nuts. I've already contacted the administrator of this server and it insists the error is in my zimbra server, and not on his qmail server (which I insist).

When sending emails to this server, the mail bounces to me with this error on the email body.

451 qq temporary problem (#4.3.0)
    PS: I have no currently other issues when sending/receiving email to/from other servers, so my suspection on this issue as being a problem on his server. Also, how arguments can I use to convince him?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

This isn't a Zimbra problem, take your pick: +"451 qq temporary problem" - Yahoo! Search Results
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

infostore is offline Junior Member

Yes, like I've said, i'm extremely confident that it's a Qmail problem, but the other administrator is giving me some many excuses and troubles that even my job is at risk, because he keeps sending mails to my boss implying that it's my fault.

Also, the problem only appears in messages with PDF attachments, and from what i've googled, it appears some kind of low memory or low cache issues on the clamav part, which is not being able to process the incoming mail on a certain time and then bounces it with this temporary error (which in fact makes totally sense, since we can presume that the remote server is overloaded and the user can attempt again a few moments later). I could even find the variable which to change on the clamav conf, but I cannot convince the admin to test or try it.

Now, he came with a excuse that Zimbra is not sending a correct header with <CR> and <LF> line terminators. He even pointed me to the RFC 5321 (SMTP) and said that Zimbra does not respect section 2.3.8 (Lines), so his antispam/antivirus goes nuts and rejects the message. IMHO, it's pure bulls**t. Any thoughs on it?
    Last edited by infostore; 07-11-2012 at 07:49 AM.

ccelis5215 is offline Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by infostore View Post
    PS: I have no currently other issues when sending/receiving email to/from other servers, so my suspection on this issue as being a problem on his server. Also, how arguments can I use to convince him?
    A simple approach: send any "problems messages" to another account, ie. gmail, hotmail, whatever.., take the headers and use as evidence.

ccelis
    Last edited by ccelis5215; 07-11-2012 at 03:43 PM. Reason: typo

Thread Information