Thread: generating a CSR for GoDaddy UCC certificate

ericbullock is offline Member

Default generating a CSR for GoDaddy UCC certificate

I am a bit confused on how to best generate a CSR for GoDaddy's UCC cert. The goal is to acquire a cert that covers all of the domains I have set up on my Zimbra server. I found this thread, which covers renewing a UCC:

Howto: GoDaddy UCC cert renewal

...and the instructions say to generate the CSR in the CLI by issuing this command:

# /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr createcsr comm -new -keysize 2048 "/C=$country/ST=$state/L=$city/O=$organization/OU=$unit/CN=$FQDN1/CN=$FQDN2"

My question is am I supposed to include the Subject Alt Names (FQDN2, FQDN3, etc) in the command when generating the CSR? Because the GoDaddy "form" has a provision for adding Subject Alt Names:

Screen shot 2012-06-28 at 3.12.39 PM.png

...which leads me to believe that I just need to get the CSR for my primary domain then add the SAN's in the appropriate place in the GoDaddy form.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by ericbullock; 07-02-2012 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ericbullock View Post
    I am a bit confused on how to best generate a CSR for GoDaddy's UCC cert. The goal is to acquire a cert that covers all of the domains I have set up on my Zimbra server. I found this thread, which covers renewing a UCC:

Howto: GoDaddy UCC cert renewal

...and the instructions say to generate the CSR in the CLI by issuing this command:

# /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr createcsr comm -new -keysize 2048 "/C=$country/ST=$state/L=$city/O=$organization/OU=$unit/CN=$FQDN1/CN=$FQDN2"

My question is am I supposed to include the Subject Alt Names (FQDN2, FQDN3, etc) in the command when generating the CSR? Because the GoDaddy "form" has a provision for adding Subject Alt Names:

Screen shot 2012-06-28 at 3.12.39 PM.png

...which leads me to believe that I just need to get the CSR for my primary domain then add the SAN's in the appropriate place in the GoDaddy form.

Any suggestions?
    Really? Nobody?

I've tried generating the CSR several different ways but when I enter the information in GoDaddy's "form" I get an error saying the CSR isn't valid and to try re-generating it. I've done this 6+ times now...from both the CLI and the Admin console and the result is the same each time. Zimbra generates a CSR but then it gets rejected by GoDaddy.

I've submitted a help ticket with GoDaddy but I am not hopeful, since they probably no next to nothing about ZCS. I was hoping there would be a bit more traffic on these forums but there does not seem to be a lot of help being offered on issues with SSL certs, etc.

:|
    Release 7.2.6_GA_2926 SLES11_64 FOSS edition

Thread Information