Thread: Standard HTML View Refresh

tjcraigie is offline New Member

Default Standard HTML View Refresh

Hello,

I have been experiencing problems with the web client. When I try to re-size a window while using AJAX, the objects begin to overlap one another, and there is no scroll bar on the bottom. When the standard HTML view is used it fixes that problem, however, I have noticed that the page is static. That is that when new mail arrives, it will not show up until something on the page is clicked to warrant a refresh.
    I have attempted to use a FireFox add-on that automatically refreshes the page every so often, however that solution causes problems when a message is being composed. I was thinking that I could embed an HTML Meta refresh (ie. something like <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5">) that calls a refresh when in the reading pane, and not while composing a message, however I do not know where I would implement such a change, or if it is even possible. Does anyone have any better solutions? Or instructions about how to embed HTML?

Thanks for the help!

Crayz9000 is offline Senior Member

At the heart this sounds like a browser issue.

Can you post your browser useragent? Just go to Whats My User Agent? and copy the browser useragent line.

Currently its: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1

However I have re-created the problem on multiple browsers and on multiple operating systems. Can anyone else re-create the problem?

In that case it's probably server-side. I see in your profile that you're running Zimbra 7.1.3, but no mention of what platform. Can you give the output of 'zmcontrol -v'?

Some screenshots of the problem might also help describe it, but from what I can tell I can't see any such issues with 7.1.4 on Debian 6.

Here's the output for you: Release 7.1.3_GA_3346.RHEL5_20110928134520 CentOS5 FOSS edition.

I have also replicated the problem on two different servers, the other one running a more recent version of CentOS. I am not sure a screenshot will help depict the HTML refresh issue, but here is what happens when I try to re-size the window running the AJAX version:

AJAX Render Issue.jpg

Thanks for your help!

I'm leaning toward finding the root of the AJAX resize issue, since frankly the AJAX interface is so much more useful than the plain HTML interface. Auto-refreshing the HTML view is a workaround, but as you noted it causes holy hell with composition, and I'm not sure of the logic required to insert something like a META refresh into the HTML source.

Are you using a customized theme?

Have you tried using a different theme?

Now, all the browsers you've used... I'm assuming you've tried MSIE and Chrome, for starters? With the same results?

I would suggest, if all else fails, filing a bug report on the ZCS Bugzilla. I ran a search for resize-related bugs, but didn't see anything specifically like what you showed: http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/buglist.c...content=resize

I would love to fix the AJAX interface, that would definitely be ideal. I have replicated the issue on all three browsers, and I am not using a customized theme (currently carbon) but I did try changing it just now with the same result. I will file a bug report, would there be any other possibilities???

Thread Information