Thread: XMPP server closed the connection with Pidgin

Kidoucorp is offline Active Member

Post [SOLVED] XMPP server closed the connection with Pidgin

Hello,

I have one user that can't connect to the Zimbra IM Server.

When Pidgin connecting, it just disconnect straight, saying "Server closed the connection".

However, this user can connect throught Zimbra Web Interface to XMPP.

I tried restarting Zimbra services, but it didn't solved the problem

This only happening to one user, others are connecting fine.

Here is the only trace logs I have found in mailbox.log :

<USERID>user@domain.com</USERID>
    <iq type="result" id="purplecb0c92d0" to="user@domain.com/domain">
    <iq type="result" id="purplecb0c92d1" from="domain.com" to="user@domain.com/domain">
    <iq type="error" id="purplecb0c92d2" from="domain.com" to="user@domain.com/domain">
    <iq type="result" id="purplecb0c92d3" from="proxy.domain.com" to="user@domain.com/domain">
    <iq type="result" id="purplee2c40a7c" to="user@domain.com/domain">

[For the next log, I'm not sure it happened when the user tried to connect to XMPP, but I think so]

2012-06-15 10:48:59,314 ERROR [AnonymousIoService-10] [] im - Impossible de fermer le socket
    org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.NioSocketConnection@ 6682d439
    java.nio.BufferOverflowException
    at java.nio.charset.CoderResult.throwException(CoderR esult.java:259)
    at org.apache.mina.common.ByteBuffer.putString(ByteBu ffer.java:1149)
    at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.NioWriter.write(NioW riter.java:48)
    at java.io.BufferedWriter.flushBuffer(BufferedWriter. java:111)
    at java.io.BufferedWriter.write(BufferedWriter.java:2 12)
    at java.io.Writer.write(Writer.java:140)
    at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketConnection.clo se(SocketConnection.java:335)
    at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketConnection.del iver(SocketConnection.java:471)
    at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketPacketWriteHan dler.process(SocketPacketWriteHandler.java:83)
    at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PacketDelivererImpl. deliver(PacketDelivererImpl.java:51)
    at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQHandler.proces s(IQHandler.java:53)
    at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter .java:274)
    at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter. java:103)
    at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.rou te(PacketRouterImpl.java:70)
    at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.process IQ(SocketReader.java:354)
    at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ClientSocketReader.p rocessIQ(ClientSocketReader.java:60)
    at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.process (SocketReader.java:320)
    at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.NioReadingMode.proce ss(NioReadingMode.java:122)
    at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.NioReadingMode.nioRe adCompleted(NioReadingMode.java:172)
    at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.NioAcceptingMode$Nio IoHandlerAdapter.messageReceived(NioAcceptingMode. java:93)
    at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterCha in$TailFilter.messageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChai n.java:570)
    at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterCha in.callNextMessageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.j ava:299)
    at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterCha in.access$1100(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:53)
    at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterCha in$EntryImpl$1.messageReceived(AbstractIoFilterCha in.java:648)
    at org.apache.mina.filter.support.SSLHandler.flushSch eduledEvents(SSLHandler.java:275)
    at org.apache.mina.filter.SSLFilter.messageReceived(S SLFilter.java:427)
    at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterCha in.callNextMessageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.j ava:299)
    at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterCha in.access$1100(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:53)
    at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterCha in$EntryImpl$1.messageReceived(AbstractIoFilterCha in.java:648)
    at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.pro cessEvent(ExecutorFilter.java:220)
    at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$Pro cessEventsRunnable.run(ExecutorFilter.java:264)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run Task(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run (ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
    at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(Na mePreservingRunnable.java:51)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
    2012-06-15 10:48:59,316 WARN [AnonymousIoService-10] [] im - Impossible d'orienter ce paquet

Not very useful
    Last edited by Kidoucorp; 06-19-2012 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Problem solved

kenji.21 is offline Starter Member

Hi,

Facing the same issue, we have a user that was sending to users that can't connect a very big message.
    Connecting to xmpp via the HTTP interface solved the issue as the message get delivered when connected via the web interface.

Kidoucorp is offline Active Member

Thanks for your answer.

I just managed to get it working again. It seems that this user changed is "Avatar" with a strange image. Looking at the logs, when connecting with Pidgin, he was sending an image of type "PNG", while his image was a GIF.

I managed to connect to his account with the Spark Client. It was working ok. But When I tried to connect at the same time, same account with Pidgin (Using different Resources), I was disconnected from Spark as well.

What I did is connecting to the blocked account with Spark, changing his Avatar to something "standard", and then, the problem disapeared.

I could connect with Pidgin, Spark (even at the same time), without any problem.

Very strange. Don't know if it's a Pidgin's bug or Zimbra's one... But the problem was the image, for sure

Anyway, solved !!!

Thread Information