Hi Mark,Please can you answer a few questions?
First, is this server a virtual server or a physical server?
Second, can you post the contents of /etc/fstab showing the mount point(s) for all Zimbra directories?
Third, is the server's storage for the Zimbra directories on local disk or on a network file system?
here answers to your questions:
1) The server is a physical server;
2) Attached you can find my fstab file. Zimbra folder is inside "dati" folder, connected with opt directory via a simple symlink.
3) the server's storage for Zimbra directories is on a local raid array
I don't know if is usefull for you, but:
- Reading system log file,i find out that the problem was originated by a loss of power due to the crash of the ups.
- I tried, during my research of a solution, to change permission to the pid folder inside /opt/data/postfix/spoll. At the moment that i deleted the master.pid file, the permissions were 0777.
- When I were trying to start postfix manually, no output was generated, it simply didn't start (it seems that the postfix process finded the pid file and realized that it was already running without performing more checks).
If you need more information, ask without problems.