Yes of course - that's the reason.
Thank you for your quick and precise reply.
I also spent some hours to get 7.1.4 up and running again.
With zimbra marking the RHEL5 version as depriciated - if I were you, I would go ahead and upgrade to Centos 6 and 7.2 RHEL6 version of zimbra and skip the upgrade to 7.2 on Centos 5. Just my $0.02. I have a link above how I did that upgrade.
Thank you for your advice - portscanner.
But unlike you I am running on a physical server.
And I never succeded in upgrading from CentOS 5 to CentOS 6, only by reinstalling.
And I do not have an extra server.
So I am unsure of the OS upgrade procedure preserving the zimbra.
A modified version of your upgrade procedure may (or may not) work. I know, that someday I have to do the OS upgrade, but I am worried about the reliability of the fall-back procedure.
And now it updated without any problems - as always look for the problem 40 cm in front of the screen.
I have just updated from 7.1.X to 7.2.0 without reading this subject and found that posix and samba doesn;t work ... what a fuxxxx nightmare. Mother... lucky me I didn't went with the same upgrade on my main prod machine. I have network support and never ever thought you guys can do such a stupid thing. Probably last year for Zimbra in this company.
I could understand that you will not support posix and samba for smb4 but many people still use smb3 the same way we do. Now I have to pay for support without a chance for upgrading. Brilliant!!!
Anyone updated too 7.2.0 lately? The small amount of feedback in the success stories forum scares me a little.
For the record we did a test upgrade from 7.1.0 -> 7.2.0 on Ubuntu 10.04 x64 and haven't seen any problem yet.. Considering upgrade the production servers soon but i'm looking for more feedback first. Don't want to experience a new cpu spike bug or so like earlier.
A few important bugs for us were fixed. But there is a problem with the new connector for outlook! Zimbra set the default value in the ZCO for showing aliases in the GAL. So all aliases are shown in the GAL...
And there is an issue with umlauts, if someone send an e-mail from outlook to an iPhone client. The iPhone has problems with the umlauts...
This are the two issues which we recongnize till now...
I just updated from 7.1.2 to 7.2 on my Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS Server. Everything went through smoothly, no problems at all. But this is only a simple single server installation on VMware ESX 4.1. I also installed the latest Ubuntu patches with "apt-get upgrade" before, everything runs fine.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)