Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Now that 7.2 has been out for 2 weeks, what are your thoughts?

lithorus is offline Loyal Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    You're mistaken, they are not 'my customers' - I am just a person that posts on these forums.
    My appologies. I thought that you as a moderator represented Zimbra.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lithorus View Post
    My appologies. I thought that you as a moderator represented Zimbra.
    That's OK, no need to apologise. Nobody that answer posts on these forums (even staff) represents Zimbra except in official announcements and posting on these forums is voluntary, all opinions belong to the person posting and are not official Zimbra (or VMware) statements.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

maumar is offline Elite Member

I have installed 7.2 mainly for s/mime support; i have tested it with comodo free certs and all is working well, great work
    Last edited by maumar; 05-15-2012 at 05:53 AM.

PennStateSam is offline Starter Member

Quote Originally Posted by portscanner View Post
    I couldn't upgrade from 7.1.1 to 7.2. To do the upgrade I had to upgrade to 7.1.3 first, then upgrade again to 7.2
    What problems did you run into moving from 7.1.1 to 7.2? We're planning on making that move in the near future and your experience might prove useful in helping us dodge a bullet.

-Sam

portscanner is offline Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by PennStateSam View Post
    What problems did you run into moving from 7.1.1 to 7.2? We're planning on making that move in the near future and your experience might prove useful in helping us dodge a bullet.

-Sam
    I dont have my notes with the errors here with me - but it crashed and burned and died in the middle of the upgrade when jumping from 7.1.1 to 7.2. I could not find a simple way to recover. Maybe it was something I was doing wrong, maybe there is some little gremlin hiding in there. So I made a stab at putting in the interrum step of going to 7.1.3 - then 7.2 and I was successful. So I did not burn myself - I built test servers and upgraded them first to find a way to successfully update. On a side note I also upgraded the OS at the same time so that might have contributed to my problem. Dont know. I do know that when I figured out how to do it, I did it 3 times in a row on the test servers and had no problems before I did it on my production server.

I posted my upgrade procedure here: Successful Upgrade of Zimbra 7.1.1 and Centos 5.6 to Zimbra 7.2 and Centos 6.2

Hope that helps you!

PennStateSam is offline Starter Member

Thank you for the quick response. I'll look over your procedure and take it into account while we're wrapping up our testing.

-Sam

GreenGumby is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dik23 View Post
    It might seem a little odd to quote my own post, like sitting in the corner talking to myself but here's the horror story :

Bug 73440: ZCO not automatically sync'ing - have to manually sync

How this stuff makes it past QA is beyond me. It's like those people who post "How Tos" who've obviously never tried to use their own instructions. Very glad I've not updated to 7.2 now ! I'll probably update ~2 weeks after the patch for this is released.
    The updated ZCO client has been in the support portal downloads for a few weeks now.

And I don't believe it was a QA issue. I think it was a decision they took to align it with outlook send/receive settings, which when sitting around a table sounds like a great idea, but in reality caused issues. My gripe with it was they didn't have it documented.

toppse is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGumby View Post
    The updated ZCO client has been in the support portal downloads for a few weeks now.

And I don't believe it was a QA issue. I think it was a decision they took to align it with outlook send/receive settings, which when sitting around a table sounds like a great idea, but in reality caused issues. My gripe with it was they didn't have it documented.
    Fyi:
    If you wanna an upgrade to ZCO 7.2.1, you have to download the msi and then upload on the Zimbra Server.
    Run following command:

su - zimbra -c /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmupdatezco /pathto/ZimbraConnectorOLK_7.2.1.520_x86.msi

So the update of the outlook clients run automatically!

dik23 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGumby View Post
    A really stupid decision !

Quote Originally Posted by toppse View Post
    So the update of the outlook clients run automatically!
    Thanks for that, I have a number of users who won't update manually. They either complain about problems and then ignore emails containing the fix or they're too scared to click twice on the attachment.

hvillemoes is offline Banned

I had serious problems upgrading 64 bit Centos 5.8 from 7.1.4 to 7.2.0 (yes I know that centos is not supported, but I have had no problems before from 5.x and up).
    It uninstalled everything and then during installation of core, it just informed about a serious rpm error and stopped with no mail system.
    A simple 7.1.4 reinstall was not possible - I had to do the complete restore.
    I am going to try again tomorrow and would be happy to get hints for debug output from the embedded rpm commands and/or the upgrade script itself in the upgrade wizard.

Thanks

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information