Thread: zmbackup returns AccountsLimit Exceeded: 50/1

ddouthitt is offline Starter Member

Unhappy zmbackup returns AccountsLimit Exceeded: 50/1

We have a version of ZCS 7.1.1 network edition installed, and it was previously licensed for 50 users. We let it lapse and at 31 days plus this error started coming back from zmbackup processes:

Code:
    Error occurred: AccountsLimit exceeded: 50/1
    I looked online, and the Community Edition of ZCS has no limit on users and still allows backup - what gives? If this is right, it suggests I can only backup a single user mailbox This is unacceptable.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ddouthitt View Post
    We have a version of ZCS 7.1.1 network edition installed, and it was previously licensed for 50 users. We let it lapse and at 31 days plus this error started coming back from zmbackup processes:

Code:
    Error occurred: AccountsLimit exceeded: 50/1
    I looked online, and the Community Edition of ZCS has no limit on users and still allows backup - what gives? If this is right, it suggests I can only backup a single user mailbox This is unacceptable.
    I don't know what you're mad about. If you'd searched the forums you'd find that this scenario has been mentioned a few times. The expiring licence of an NE version has a grace period of thirty days for the licence renewal. If you don't do anything it will revert to the Open Source feature set with the proviso that you will not be able to create any further users on that server (even if your licence is for a greater number of users than you have provisioned on the server). To get round that you should do an 'upgrade' install of the Open Source version of ZCS to restore full functionality to your server.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

ddouthitt is offline Starter Member

Unhappy Just trying to understand

Just trying to understand... "Mad" is too strong a word...

According to the docs, the Open Source version has no user limits - so 50 users should be no problem at all. What's more, having the server refuse to back up the current user mailboxes is just unfathomable - that's the part I'd be most "mad" about. There's no reason to make backup stop working on a server and it puts the business at risk - and this little side-effect is not documented anywhere that I can see.

So you have an undocumented action taken by Zimbra Network Edition which puts the company data at risk. What could possibly be wrong with that?

I was told that Zimbra NE would revert to the Open Source version. That does not seem to be the case here.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Just trying to understand... "Mad" is too strong a word...
    Hover your cursor over the smiley to see what it is.

[QUOTE=ddouthitt;240115]So you have an undocumented action taken by Zimbra Network Edition which puts the comany data at risk. What could possibly be wrong with that? {/QUOTE]It does not put any of your data at risk.

I was told that Zimbra NE would revert to the Open Source version. That does not seem to be the case here.
    I've already told you what the situation is when the licence expires but I'll state it again, it reverts to the open source feature set with the proviso that you can not create any new accounts on the server even if your original licence was for a greater number of users than you have already created. Do an 'upgrade' by running the OSS version install on your server and you'll be able to create more accounts on your server.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information