Hello all,
I'm migrating a postfix/dovecot physical server to a VMware one, so I decided to use Zimbra for the new environment.

I have more that one used domains, let's say that in my physical machine I have:

1) example.org
2) example.net
3) example.info

and the MX address of these domains is 1.2.3.4 (ofcourse, it's the psysical IP address).

I set up an ubuntu 64 bit distro with Zimbra

Release 7.1.4_GA_2555.UBUNTU10_64 UBUNTU10_64 FOSS edition

and the new MX for the virtual environment will be 5.6.7.8

I brought up the first domain (example.org with mx migrated to 5.6.7.8) and now it's fully functioning: it can send mail everywhere, even to old friends (example.net and example.info whose MX is 1.2.3.4).

Now what?

I'm migrating the second domain (example.net) BUT:
- example.net is on both the physical and the virtualized environment
- for the "world", its MX's IP address is still 1.2.3.4
- for example.org it is NOT, since zimbra sees it like a LOCAL domain, so people writing FROM example.org will see their mail sent to example.net on the virtualized environment AND people having example.net's mail address won't see them because the migration is not yet completed.

SO: how can I tell zimbra that even people'mails writing from example.org should be sent to the old mail server and not as it was already local?

I tried the transport map

example.net smtp:1.2.3.4

and even

example.net lmtp: 1.2.3.4

postmap transport, added

transport_maps = hash:/opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/transport,proxy:ldap:/opt/zimbra/conf/ldap-transport.cf

to main.cf but it's not working at all. Zimbra still sends example.org's mails as it was a local delivery.

I even tried

Transport Table for external servers - Zimbra :: Wiki

and

Managing Domains - Zimbra :: Wiki

But nothing to do.

Any idea?

Thanks and regards

Matteo