Thread: Help with Moving to 64bit Ver 7.xx from 32bit Ver:6.xx using the same server.

NTS-NEWB is online now Intermediate Member

Default Help with Moving to 64bit Ver 7.xx from 32bit Ver:6.xx using the same server.

I only have the one server to use and cant move from one server to another. What would be the best practice on the files I need to make sure I have and information I will need when I change the OS to 64 bit to allow me to install version 7? I have the the Network Edition with just over 100 users.

Thanks!

I have searched this but only came up with people moving from one server to another, and not using the same server.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by NTS-NEWB View Post
    I only have the one server to use and cant move from one server to another. What would be the best practice on the files I need to make sure I have and information I will need when I change the OS to 64 bit to allow me to install version 7? I have the the Network Edition with just over 100 users.

Thanks!

I have searched this but only came up with people moving from one server to another, and not using the same server.
    If you can't move to a new server then use the same procedure in the 32bit to 64bit article in the wiki, obviously you'll have some downtime while you install a new operating system. Make sure you take a good backup of Zimbra before you do any of this.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

su_A_ve is offline Advanced Member

One step at a time - do a 32-64bit migration first, then upgrade from zimbra 6 to zimbra 7.

Your 32-64bit won't really be a migration or OS upgrade. It will be a wipe install of the OS. You need to move /opt/zimbra to somewhere else (unless it's on it's own partition). Then install the new OS, then follow the 32-bit to 64-bit migration docs.

Thread Information