Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Segmentation fault when executing "/opt/zimbra/libexec/zmpurgemessages"

  1. #1
    chrislundin is offline Starter Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Segmentation fault when executing "/opt/zimbra/libexec/zmpurgemessages"

    I get "Segmentation fault" when cron is executing "/opt/zimbra/libexec/zmpurgemessages" and "/opt/zimbra/libexec/zmmaintaintables".
    Get the same result when executing it manually, with both root and zimbra as user.

    Code:
    zimbra@mail:~> /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmpurgemessages
    Segmentation fault
    Using SUSE 10.1 with Zimbra Release 4.0.3_GA_406.SuSE10_20061016134245 SuSE10 FOSS edition.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    brian is offline Project Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    623
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    A bug was opened on this issue the number is 12469.

  3. #3
    pacsteel is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Happening to me happening in Release 4.0.3_GA_407.UBUNTU6 UBUNTU6 FOSS edition too.
    I see that bug has been closed, and marked as a duplicate of 10829

    According to brian's bugzilla note it is happening on FC5, and is reported on SuSE10 also but, counting me, there is exactly One vote for that bug (10829).

    Given that it is happening across multiple platforms, there should be a few more people having this problem.
    However either
    1. Nobody knows it because the chron job is : /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmpurgemessages > /dev/null 2>&1 so any errors are being redirected to /dev/null and are not showing up in logs, or
    2. They've figured out a work-around and it isn't a problem.

    I'm betting the first, but if it's the second then please post your solution. I really don't want to have to go into each user's mailbox and delete old messages manually.

  4. #4
    saxonww is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I just noticed this problem in an older installation on Fedora Core 5. It looks like the bug has been closed as RESOLVED. It looks like there was an update of Crypt::SSLeay to version 0.53 from 0.51.

    I updated Crypt::SSLeay in /opt/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi by hand to version 0.56 and these segfaults went away.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 5.0 Install tasks
    By JoshuaPrismon in forum Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 12:18 PM
  2. httpd resident in memory but not accessible
    By AlexanderH in forum Installation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2007, 09:19 AM
  3. Asterisk and Evolution and Asterisk Zimlet
    By Ericx in forum Administrators
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 09:18 AM
  4. Cron Job Segmentation Fault
    By ricknight in forum Administrators
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-04-2007, 09:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •