Thread: Added new domain, can send, wont recieve

MesaAirNet is offline New Member

Default Added new domain, can send, wont recieve

Zimbra - Release 6.0.6_GA_2330.UBUNTU8 UBUNTU8 FOSS edition
    Ubuntu - 8.04 Hardy

We have used this server for about a year now. I have added multiple domains in the past and have been able to migrate them to the new server. Recently an old communigate server of ours was getting sluggish so we added the last domain to the new zimbra server.

I can send mail to anywhere (gmail, yahoo, the moon) from the new domain, however I cant receive mail on this domain. I am sure that this is something simple that I am just over looking. The error that I receive is as follows ...

Code:
    Feb  2 10:19:53 bigmail postfix/smtpd[16646]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-lpp01m020-f181.google.com[209.85.217.181]: 554 5.7.1 <user@townsmith.com>: Relay access denied; from=<user@gmail.com> to=<user@townsmith.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-lpp01m020-f181.google.com>
    the error I get from gmail is ...

Code:
    The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 5.7.1 <user@townsmith.com>: Relay access denied (state 14).
    I have checked the DNS records for this domain, checked the domain with MX Tool box, compared it to the other 9 domains hosted on this server, check the postfix/main.cf file and compared to the backup. Also I have read a ton in the forums based on the error and haven't found a viable solution to my problem.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Dane

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Do you have a Split DNS configured for this server? If you do, have you added the correct records for this domain?

BTW, if you go to the MXtoolbox site and run the SMTP diagnostics for your server you'll see the following message:

Code:
    10.452 seconds - Not good! on Transaction time
    You need to investigate why that response is sluggish.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Do you have a Split DNS configured for this server? If you do, have you added the correct records for this domain?

BTW, if you go to the MXtoolbox site and run the SMTP diagnostics for your server you'll see the following message:

Code:
    10.452 seconds - Not good! on Transaction time
    You need to investigate why that response is sluggish.
    Thanks for taking a gander at this. We know why its sluggish, and a remedy is in the works.

Why would the split DNS effect this one domain and not the others? I will look in to this option further and post my results.

Split DNS did not help the issue at hand. I am still getting the same response when trying to send to that domain.

Quote Originally Posted by MesaAirNet View Post
    Split DNS did not help the issue at hand. I am still getting the same response when trying to send to that domain.
    ~Bump~

About ready to kill this server, still no resolution.

andrew_seacap is offline Starter Member

I am suffering the same problem. Have several domains configured and working, added a new one, and it cannot receive mail from domains other than those configured locally. Error messages are sent back to the sender with the following:

Code:
    554 554 5.7.1 <******@*****.com>: Relay access denied (state 13).

Thread Information