Thread: iCal users have lost shares after 7.1.4 upgrade

myriad is offline Active Member

Default iCal users have lost shares after 7.1.4 upgrade

Hi:
    It appears that the "Enable delegation for Apple iCal CalDAV client" feature is broken in 7.1.4.
    Have a strange problem after upgrading to 7.1.4 on Ubuntu 10.04LTS. All my Mac iCal users have lost the ability to see shared Zimbra calendars in iCal. The shares are also not visible in the iPhone either. They can see them in the Desktop clients and online but not in iCal or iPhone. We have found a workaround by using the iCal "subscribe" feature and pasting in the URLs, but it is nowhere near as good.

They are bitching, but I see no log-related errors or any other kind of indications that there are any problems. Where should I look to try to diagnose this mystery?

Regards,

Rick
    Last edited by myriad; 01-30-2012 at 03:58 PM.

I think I am confused: It seems that the "Enable delegation for Apple iCal CalDAV client" must be turned off to see shared calendars (from the Stanford wiki):

Turn Off Access to Shared Calendars (Optional)

By default, your own calendars and any shared calendars in your list of calendars in Webmai are loaded via a CalDAV connection. If you have more than just a few shared calendars you may wish to set the following option to prevent any shared calendars from being loaded to your iPhone:

Note: This also prevents your shared calendars from loading in the OS X version of iCal.

Go to http://webmail.stanford.edu.
    Click the Preferences tab.
    In the panel on the left side of the screen, click Calendar.
    In the Apple iCal section, check Enable delegation for Apple iCal CalDV client.
    Click Save.

Which is correct?

nublaii is offline Intermediate Member

Something probably related is happening to me, and it happens since we updated to 7.1.4 too.

My situation is kind of similar:

Account A shares a calendar with Account B.

If I have the iCal delegation enabled on Account B I can't see the calendar on my iPhone via caldav.

If I disable it, it works as it used to... Bug?

Delegation does NOT work though, regardless of which way the checkbox is toggled.

matthewatlc is offline Starter Member

Default same here, no delegated calendars displaying

I have “Enable delegation for Apple iCal CalDAV client” checked in preferences, but iCal is reporting that "The server doesn't support delegation for this account".

I can confirm that when “Enable delegation for Apple iCal CalDAV client” is UNCHECKED, all shared calendars display in the iCal calendar list under the server. When I CHECK it, they all disappear, and I should be able to select the calenders I want to see but opening iCal preferences, going into the account settings, and clicking on the delegation tab. This tab is where I get the error message.

Thread Information