Thread: How to remove Omniture Tracker from WebUI

bithammer is offline Junior Member

Default How to remove Omniture Tracker from WebUI

Hi,

I recently noticed that in a standard Zimbra Network Edition installation, the WebUI has the tracker "Omniture" enabled. Using an anti-tracking plugin in Firefox like "Ghostery" I am not able to use the WebUI at all any more. The load process after confirming the credentials stops at the standard Zimbra splash screen.

My question is now: How can I remove this tracker, which is obviously not supposed to be there in the first place!

Thanks for your advice
    Release zcs-NETWORK-8.0.4_GA_5737.UBUNTU10_64.20130524120037

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bithammer View Post
    I recently noticed that in a standard Zimbra Network Edition installation, the WebUI has the tracker "Omniture" enabled. Using an anti-tracking plugin in Firefox like "Ghostery" I am not able to use the WebUI at all any more.
    I use Ghostery (and have for a long tiime) with ZCS NE 7.1.4 and see no such trackers in the ZCS Web UI, in fact Ghostery shows "No trackers here!" for the Web UI. Are you sure the tracker isn't in another tab you've got open? I also don't have any problem opening the ZCS Web UI in FF 9.0.1 nor any other browser.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I check everything again, but nothing has changed.
    The Zimbra WebUI Domain is not Whitelisted in Ghostery an after hitting the Login stops at the point shown in the screenshot.
    I am using 7.1.3, but I am willing to update to 7.1.4 soon to check if it is still there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I check everything again, but nothing has changed.
    The Zimbra WebUI Domain is not Whitelisted in Ghostery an after hitting the Login stops at the point shown in the screenshot.
    I can assure you that Zimbra does not use any tracking in their products. I also don't have anything whitelisted in ghostery and do not see any warning from it about the web UI. Are you sure it's a web tracker and not a cookie? Do you have the current 2.7 version of ghostery? Have you also blocked cookies in ghostery?

I am using 7.1.3, but I am willing to update to 7.1.4 soon to check if it is still there.
    I don't believe that upgrading will make any difference, I've been using ghostery as long as it's been around and I've never seen any tracking warning about the ZCS web UI (nor the Admin UI) an any versions of Zimbra that I've used (and that's since 2005).
    Regards

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    I can assure you that Zimbra does not use any tracking in their products. I also don't have anything whitelisted in ghostery and do not see any warning from it about the web UI. Are you sure it's a web tracker and not a cookie? Do you have the current 2.7 version of ghostery? Have you also blocked cookies in ghostery?
    I now have double checked everything. I do have version 2.7 of ghostery and I also updated Zimbra to version 7.1.4. I also removed all cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    I don't believe that upgrading will make any difference, I've been using ghostery as long as it's been around and I've never seen any tracking warning about the ZCS web UI (nor the Admin UI) an any versions of Zimbra that I've used (and that's since 2005).
    At the login screen there is not tracker signaled. I checked with the Firefy plugin Firebug at which point in the login process the tracker suddenly appears. It seems that is is at the point when Startup1_1... is loaded.

Later on after everything is loaded ghostery shows that the file zimlets-nodev_all.js.zgz is responsible fro the tracker.

Later on after everything is loaded ghostery shows that the file zimlets-nodev_all.js.zgz is responsible fro the tracker.
    I don't have that file on my server, have you installed any additional zimlets (from the gallery perhaps)?
    Regards

Bill

I did not find the file zimlets-nodev... on my server either, but it is transferred while using/login to zimbra.
    To check side effects, I also have used a clean firefox Installation with clear cookies and all. Still Ghostery shows the tracker.

Here is the list of my installed Zimlets:
    Code:
    /opt/zimbra/zimlets/com_zimbra_adminversioncheck.zip
    /opt/zimbra/zimlets/com_zimbra_attachcontacts.zip
    /opt/zimbra/zimlets/com_zimbra_attachmail.zip
    /opt/zimbra/zimlets/com_zimbra_bulkprovision.zip
    /opt/zimbra/zimlets/com_zimbra_cert_manager.zip
    /opt/zimbra/zimlets/com_zimbra_date.zip
    /opt/zimbra/zimlets/com_zimbra_dnd.zip
    /opt/zimbra/zimlets/com_zimbra_email.zip
    /opt/zimbra/zimlets/com_zimbra_linkedin.zip
    /opt/zimbra/zimlets/com_zimbra_phone.zip
    /opt/zimbra/zimlets/com_zimbra_social.zip
    /opt/zimbra/zimlets/com_zimbra_srchhighlighter.zip
    /opt/zimbra/zimlets/com_zimbra_url.zip
    /opt/zimbra/zimlets/com_zimbra_webex.zip
    I do not use them all.

One thing I also use and might be the reason: I use the "old" IM Module which is deprecated but not disabled on Zimbra 7. I also have found nowhere to disable it or enable it afterwards, because I still need to use it.

Thread Information