Thread: Options tab (composing mail) disappeared

ewan is offline New Member

Default Options tab (composing mail) disappeared

Hi,
    I'm very new to Zimbra. One of the departments I look after is IT. As the main English speaker in the office I'm asking on behalf of our support engineer.
    We use ZCS v6, but also have the open source v7 for another project. It's the open source v7 I'm asking about.
    Our IT dep.has just told that when composing a new email, there should be a tab at the top of the window called Options. This was there, but apparently has now disappeared.
    I would like some help to find out how to restore the tab. I hope I have explained everything clearly and that I'm asking in the right section of the forum, as I said this is all new to me.
    Thanks,

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

There's no reason why this would 'disappear'. It's not a tab it's s drop-down menu for changing the format. You've not really given much information about the problem. You can start by updating your forum profile with the output of the following command (do not post the output in this thread and get your admin to run the command for you):

Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    Which browser? Which operating system? By saying that it's 'disappeared' you imply that it was there once upon a time, what has changed? Does it happen for all users or just one user? has it disappeared for sending a Reply as well? Does this problem happen when using a different browser? Have any add-ons been added to the browser being used?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thanks for your comments Bill.

Well we seem to have fallen at the first hurdle! - The sysadmin assumed zmcontrol -v was a DOS command (well Linux I mean, we're running it on ClearOS, a Linux flavour I'm told) it cameback with command not found.

Do you need to type it in a certain path, or is it there some sort of command line within Zimbra? We don't even know this yet.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Almost all zimbra commands (they start with zm) need to be run as the Zimbra user:

Code:
    su - zimbra
    zmcontrol -v
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

sysadmin has sent me the result of zmcontrol -v, I have pasted it into my profile. If this is now correct I will try to find out more info regarding the missing dropdown menu.

Thread Information