Thread: different ip for domain.com and mail.domain.com - fail recieve email

n3tg33k is offline Starter Member

Default different ip for domain.com and mail.domain.com - fail recieve email

hello

I have a web server with a record of domain.com with IPno1 and have mail server with IPno2, mx record and a record of mail.domain.com is mail server ip and i have set the hostname of zimbra to domain.com so i have mails like admin@domain.com , zimbra can send emails to outside like gmail very good but cannot recieve email internal or from gmail, and it try to resolve the domain.com and try to connect to IPno1 and fail to deliver. we have : connect to domain.com[IPno1] :7025: connection refused.

i try split dns bud it dont work

when i ping the domain.com and mail.domain.com from localhost it get the IPno2 and when i ping the domain.com from internet it get me IPno1 and mail.domain.com get me IPno2 that is cool but it didn't work

i appreciate your helps
    best regards

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

You don't need different IP addresses for a mail server and a web server on the same machine if your DNS records (external and internal) are correct, you also need Zimbra to listen on a different prot for the web UI (you do have it set to HTTPS, don't you?). You need to provide some diagnostic information on your external and internal DNS records, for your internal records go to the Split DNS article and post the output of all the commands in the 'Verify...' section.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

n3tg33k is offline Starter Member

ok tnx for reply but my web server and mailserver are not on same mashine

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by n3tg33k View Post
    ok tnx for reply but my web server and mailserver are not on same mashine
    Then what was the point in describing the fact that you're using two IP addresses?

Your problem has been asked and answered many times in the forums, if you're behind a NAT router you'll need to forward the relevant port to the Zimbra server and you'll need to set-up a Split DNS. If you're not receiving mail then one or both of those is not set-up correctly. You can also look in the log files for further details on the erros and you should also read some of the many posts in the forum that discuss the solution to this problem. My previous comment about providing information on this problem still stand, I haven't learned to be a mind reader this year.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information