I've set up a Release 7.1.3_GA_3346.UBUNTU10_64 UBUNTU10_64 FOSS edition system on Ubuntu 10.04. The install went great, and I even did this UNIX and Windows Accounts in Zimbra LDAP and Zimbra Admin UI - Zimbra :: Wiki to make it into a "domain controller"

I installed a Comodo Positive SSL cert through the admin gui, and after that ldap/logger would not restart. I then re-generated the self-signed SSL just to get things up and running again. This worked fine.

I tried a few approaches on this forum regarding SSL cert installation (including this Administration Console and CLI Certificate Tools - Zimbra :: Wiki), and now I have a Zimbra install with a web interface that doesn't respond (connections time out).

I have done zmcontrol restart several times, done a full reboot, and re-installed Zimbra ('upgrade' install that supposedly left my accounts, etc. in tact).

Can anyone offer some troubleshooting help here? I'm way too far along with this server to wipe it and start clean (110 user accounts & 41 distribution lists imported from Exchange, ready to deploy it once I get this issue hammered out).

I've been looking through the logs, but I don't seem to see anything relevant to the web server having issues. If anyone would like to see a specific log's output, I would be happy to provide it.

Any and all relevant input is appreciated! Thanks :-)