rcilink is offline New Member

Default ZCS reading pane message clears- unable to read message

ZCS 7.1.1_GA_3196
    Ubuntu 11.04 amd64
    Running on a Dell 2950 server with 16 Gig RAM, 1TB disk
    850+ users

---

This is stumping me..

I am using the Zimbra web client (AJAX) with the reading pane set to bottom. If I single-click on a message, it shows me the message in the reading pane (as it should).

I am finding that many times, the message in the reading pane will quickly clear and the selected message is no longer selected. The best way to describe this is to select a message and then click the "Get Mail" button. The selected message will not remain selected, and the reading pane will be blank.

I tried going into Preferences -> Mail -> Check for new mail every: (2 minutes) and setting it to Manually. It still is broken (reading pane clears within seconds of selecting a message)

I have tried Firefox, IE8, and Safari with no improvement. I have cleared browser cache and not fixed it. I have disabled zimlets to see if that was the trick. I am now using only the standard zimlets pre-loaded in the ZCS install and it is still happening.

I read someplace that Google Translate no longer works as it should. Disabled that zimlet. (removed it) and it did not fix the above problem.

I took it another step and ran with the ?client=advanced&dev=1 on the web client. I found that when I single-click on most of the email messages, I see it perform a GetMsgRequest and then one or more SearchRequests. It is the last SearchResponse that shows:

--------------------- Running response callback for SearchRequest
    TOTAL PARSE TIME for 100 NODES: 6
    _resetIframeHeightOnTimer attempt: null
    pushView: TV
    --------------------- Processing notifications for SearchRequest
    _resetIframeHeightOnTimer attempt: 1
    _resetIframeHeightOnTimer attempt: 2
    _resetIframeHeightOnTimer attempt: 3

It is not until someplace around the "pushView: TV" that the reading pane seems to clear. What would cause this to happen? or is there any suggestion of where to look to further troubleshoot this?

Thanks for any insight anyone can offer!

rcilink is offline New Member

OK, I upgraded the server to 7.1.3 GA release... fingers were crossed that this would 'fix' things..

Nope! not fixed.

Anyone else run into this?

friedmar is offline Loyal Member

Same here ZCS 7.1.3 OSS!
    ---
    Ubuntu 12.04 - Release 8.0.2.GA.5569.UBUNTU12.64 UBUNTU12_64 FOSS edition. - z-push

lavinia is offline Starter Member

I experienced the same issue in 7.1.3 OSS. The problem seemed to have disappeared after upgrading to ZCS 7.1.4 OSS but then appeared about a week later.

I use the web client and have tried with Firefox, IE7, IE9, and Chrome and all behave the same way. I'll try to mess around some more when I have a chance but it's becoming fairly annoying.

I will be much obliged if anyone can point me in the right direction.

marcusmadsen is offline Starter Member

Angry Bump

I have the same problem. Found a temp fix (issue will return).

Under preferences, change 'mark as read immediately' to 'don't mark it read' , log out, log back in, change back to 'mark immediately'.

Alternate fix is to use ZimbraDesktop ... not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by lavinia View Post
    I experienced the same issue in 7.1.3 OSS. The problem seemed to have disappeared after upgrading to ZCS 7.1.4 OSS but then appeared about a week later.

I use the web client and have tried with Firefox, IE7, IE9, and Chrome and all behave the same way. I'll try to mess around some more when I have a chance but it's becoming fairly annoying.

I will be much obliged if anyone can point me in the right direction.

liverpoolfcfan is offline Outstanding Member

I have observed this where the account is in use in more than one place - for instance synching to multiple devices in addition to the webmail use. Check out this bugzilla ticket. Setting a value of 7 resolved it for me.

Bug 75338 – Providing the ability to increase the number of Soap sessions

It is a default max number of soap sessions any one account can have active. From release 7.2 onwards it is now configurable.

If you have more than that active the oldest one will get force closed. This is usually first observed by the reading pane on the Web client suddenly clearing and the message list refreshing back to the top.

HaOsLsE is offline New Member

I had similar problem...tried to do the "read immediate" trick with no luck. I was tired of not being able to read my messages without double clicking it. I found another work around for anyone else that may come here for help.

I figured...since rebooting fixed it and the Zimbra Desktop is an application. I closed out Zimbra...or so I thought. Then I looked at my processes under task manager (windows, right click on tool bar and start task manager). I saw 2 different processes still running after I thought I closed Zimbra. I ended those tasks...and re-opened Zimbra...I may script it if it's something I have to do a lot. As for now....I am able to read emails in the reading pane again....without rebooting.

Thread Information