Thread: HTTPS for Webmail and Zimbra IM

blason is offline Elite Member

Default HTTPS for Webmail and Zimbra IM

Hey Fellas,

Just wondering how can I turn zimbra webmail HTTP protocol to HTTPS? Or wanted to know how I can bring the command line console which appears at the end of the installation and allows to change the password? I believe I have seen this option there but not sure how to bring that console again? Any clue

Other query I have is, does Zimbra support IM or does it have XMPP support or users which are configured for Emailing can they login using in any open source XMPP compliant chat client like Pidgin or PSI?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

The answers to these questions are all over the forums and wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by blason View Post
    Just wondering how can I turn zimbra webmail HTTP protocol to HTTPS? Or wanted to know how I can bring the command line console which appears at the end of the installation and allows to change the password? I believe I have seen this option there but not sure how to bring that console again? Any clue
    Go to the wiki and search (or search the forums) for the word "zmtlsctl".

Quote Originally Posted by blason View Post
    Other query I have is, does Zimbra support IM or does it have XMPP support or users which are configured for Emailing can they login using in any open source XMPP compliant chat client like Pidgin or PSI?
    The current version of Zimbra does have an IM server, however, that is currently disabled and beta quality and it's not recommended to enable it - it does cause problems for some users. It is also being removed from the next version of Zimbra, my advice would be to not enable it and wait for the next ZCS version for a solution. There are several threads (and bug reports/RFEs) that discuss the removal of the IM server and the future of IM in Zimbar, search the forums and/or bugzilla for further details. There's also a request in the forums to complete a survey for the future usage of IM in Zimbra, you might like to do that as well.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information