Thread: zimbra and zabbix on same host

rosch is offline Special Member

Default zimbra and zabbix on same host

Hi there,

I was wondering if somebody is seeing seeing any problems for zabbix-server (mysql version) to run on the same host than zimbra.

I did some first tests and they passed.

ps: samba is also running on the same host.
    There are <50 users so performance wise I should be fine.
    --
    cheers

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rosch View Post
    I was wondering if somebody is seeing seeing any problems for zabbix-server (mysql version) to run on the same host than zimbra.
    The Zimbra instance of MySQL runs on a different port than the standard install of MySQL.

Quote Originally Posted by rosch View Post
    There are <50 users so performance wise I should be fine.
    That would depend on the number of users connecting to the server at any one time, whether they're connecting via the Web UI or IMAP or a fat client and how much RAM is on this server and what HD subsystem (RAID) you're using - so 'performance... should be fine' isn't necessarily a certainty in this scenario.

BTW, you might like to consider using a better version of MySQL than the Ubuntu supplied one. Take a look at this drop-in replacement for MySQL: Software - Percona - you might also like to vote for this RFE to get Percona implemented in Zimbra: Bug 58747; RFE - Replace mySQL by Percona Server
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

rosch is offline Special Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    The Zimbra instance of MySQL runs on a different port than the standard install of MySQL.
    Good news :-).

That would depend on the number of users connecting to the server at any one time, whether they're connecting via the Web UI or IMAP or a fat client and how much RAM is on this server and what HD subsystem (RAID) you're using - so 'performance... should be fine' isn't necessarily a certainty in this scenario.
    I agree. They are all connecting through the Web UI. It has been running with 6GB of RAM with a recent RAID for months now and the system is fast (responsive).

BTW, you might like to consider using a better version of MySQL than the Ubuntu supplied one. Take a look at this drop-in replacement for MySQL: Software - Percona - you might also like to vote for this RFE to get Percona implemented in Zimbra: Bug 58747; RFE - Replace mySQL by Percona Server
    Thanks for the info.
    I'll look into that and post back.
    --
    cheers

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

The profile edit feature went walkabout during a recent forum software upgrade, it will return in the not-too-distant future, meanwhile you can edit your Zimbra version here: www.zimbra.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information