Thread: Problem setting default theme for a domain

iain is offline Loyal Member

Default Problem setting default theme for a domain

I want to give a domain its own theme (company branding - that sort of thing).

Creating the theme is fine, I can pick it as user and it does the job.

But I want to set it to be the only theme accessible for all users in that domain.

So, on the admin console, I create a new Class of Service with the "Change UI" unchecked. In the CoS, I then go to the "Preferences" tab.

My new theme appears in the "Available UI themes" list. I can remove it to the "Installed UI themes" and add it back in again, so no problem there.

Where it doesn't appear at all, whatever else I do, is in the pop-up list for "Current UI theme" so I don't have the option to pick it as the one default theme for my CoS and so my domain.

Is this a bug, or is there something I might have done wrong?

(I followed these instructions to create the theme :
    http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?tit...etwork_Edition)

iain is offline Loyal Member

With further testing, this problem doesn't occur when I use IE6, but using Firefox 2.0 it does. Looks like a small bug in Zimbra/Firefox 2.

Another issue that might be a Firefox 2 bug is when logging in and being prompted to change my password, the button doesn't do anything so I just get stuck on the change password panel. Again, works on IE6.

So far, I haven't spotted any other likely Firefox 2 issues.
    Last edited by iain; 11-04-2006 at 09:21 AM.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

The usual questions are: did you do a tomcat restart; did you clear the browser cache?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

wynton is offline Member

Default I got it works.

Quote Originally Posted by iain View Post
    I want to give a domain its own theme (company branding - that sort of thing).

Creating the theme is fine, I can pick it as user and it does the job.

But I want to set it to be the only theme accessible for all users in that domain.

So, on the admin console, I create a new Class of Service with the "Change UI" unchecked. In the CoS, I then go to the "Preferences" tab.

My new theme appears in the "Available UI themes" list. I can remove it to the "Installed UI themes" and add it back in again, so no problem there.

Where it doesn't appear at all, whatever else I do, is in the pop-up list for "Current UI theme" so I don't have the option to pick it as the one default theme for my CoS and so my domain.

Is this a bug, or is there something I might have done wrong?

(I followed these instructions to create the theme :
    http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?tit...etwork_Edition)
    Don't create a new COS. Only do it as below:
    Enter Admin console, Class of Service --> default --> Themes --> use your theme in "Current UI theme" .

Now, if you create a new user, the default theme will be yourself theme. Good luck.

raviproff is offline Member

In this way we can set default skin for new user.
    But if that user logged in and user click on Restore Defaults button in Options menu UI theme is changed into Sand theme.

How can we control that restore default theme????

Leesbian is offline Active Member

Default Default theme per domain?

I'm trying to achieve the same, not sure if this is a Zimbra limitation, or if I am misunderstanding the theming instructions.

Basically, we have different customers, with different domains, and want to change each customers themes on a per domain basis. Obviously, the only way that we know what domain a user belongs to when they hit the login page is via the virtual host for a particular domain.

I've duplicated the default COS for each domain (and each domain has only 1 COS, and this COS is unique per domain), limited the themes for the themes branded for that particular domain, and set the default theme to one of the domains themes, then restarted Zimbra.

Now, when I go to the virtual host for that domain to login, I'd expect the login screen to be in the default theme for that domain, but its not - its in the default Sand theme until I login, and only THEN do I get the theme for the domain.

Am I doing something wrong? or is Zimbra not able to choose themes on a virtual host basis?

Also, this seems a little clunky - is there plans in 5.0 to enable themes on a per domain basis? having to create a COS for each domain is a real PITA - if I change any settings which I would call "global settings" (for all users) - I now have to change it in about 50 different COS's! (too much room for error!)

Cheers...

Leesbian is offline Active Member

any news on this? or do I need to raise this as a bug/feature request in Bugzilla?

LinuxProphet is offline Member

Thumbs down Default Page Per Domain

You raise a critical question. I used CommuniGate Pro for a number of years and they have settings to allow skins for specific domains.

Once you type http://myotherdomain.com, it automatically switches to that domain's skin. That is what we're looking for here with Zimbra.

The former however, has been around for as long as say BlackBerry, so they've had time to sort out a lot of issues (just check out the number of admin pages and options to appreciate). But we need a modern interface with new thinking, hence the switch to Zimbra.

Another feature they have (which I have been able to sort out backend) is auto-signup. A simple option on an admin page permits auto-signup. Again, on a domain basis.

We need to add these to bugzilla. You should have the option to decide whether or not to give self-access to a domain. Perhaps we need to look at what the competition is offering and treat most features as "bugzilla" in our dear Zimbra.

mmorse is offline Moderator

While there are RFE's like Bug 7235 - Auto Provision New Accounts with External LDAP
    Most hosting providers make their own sign up pages, that script zmprov commands/SOAP to create accounts & assign passwords etc.
    (See some of the portal management techniques of the HSPs/VARs)

Yes bugzilla is several versions out of date from the current release, but there's tons of custom stuff put into it, so it's no small task to upgrade.
    Last edited by mmorse; 09-19-2007 at 12:16 AM.

Thread Information