Thread: diable Misdirected Bounces,Misdirected Autoresponders,Sender Callouts

rezagoodir is offline Junior Member

Default diable Misdirected Bounces,Misdirected Autoresponders,Sender Callouts

diable Misdirected Bounces,Misdirected Autoresponders,Sender Callouts
    Hi,I have zimbra Collaboration server.(Release 6.0.6_GA_2330.F11_20100505202915 F11 FOSS edition).
    i checked my email server in www.backscatter.org and the following report produced.

"This IP IS CURRENTLY LISTED in our Database.
    Please note that this listing does not mean you are a spammer, it means your mailsystem is either poorly configured or it is using abusive techniques.
    This kind of abuse is known as BACKSCATTER (Misdirected Bounces or Misdirected Autoresponders or Sender Callouts). Click the links above to get clue how and why to stop that kind of abuse.
    To track down what happened investigate your smtplogs near 01.09.2011 04:11 CEST +/-1 minute.

You will either find that your system tried to send misdirected bounces or misdirected autoresponders to claimed but in reality faked senders, or your system tried sender verify callouts against our members near that time.

So you should look for outgoing emails that have a NULL SENDER or POSTMASTER in MAIL FROM.

Reading your logs carefully it shouldn't be a big deal to figure out what caused or renewed your listing."
    please guide me to eliminate the problem.
    Best regards
    Edit/Delete Message

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Search the forums for the word "backscatter" and try some of the suggestion in the threads you find. I've already told you to look in the log files and see what's happening and to try some of the suggestions in the wiki article about improving the anti-spam system - have you done any of those thing yet?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

rezagoodir is offline Junior Member

Default disable sending message 550 user unknown

hi,
    how can i disable sending message "550 user unknown reply rcpt command" to sender. i have zimbra Collaboration server.(Release 6.0.6_GA_2330.F11_20100505202915 F11 FOSS edition)
    Regards.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rezagoodir View Post
    how can i disable sending message "550 user unknown reply rcpt command" to sender. i have zimbra Collaboration server.(Release 6.0.6_GA_2330.F11_20100505202915 F11 FOSS edition)
    This is part of the same problem as your other question, I'll merge this post with that thread. Search the forums for the information.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information