Thread: Lost ability to turn Selection Box on/off

fixafone123 is offline New Member

Default Lost ability to turn Selection Box on/off

I have a user who doesn't have any selection boxes next to her emails. When I right-click on the columns to choose which ones I want on/off the "Selection" choice is no longer there. I have tried different themes and the problem persists across all themes.

Ideas?

Thanks.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by fixafone123 View Post
    I have a user who doesn't have any selection boxes next to her emails. When I right-click on the columns to choose which ones I want on/off the "Selection" choice is no longer there. I have tried different themes and the problem persists across all themes.

Ideas?
    Not really with that lack of information. Which version and release of Zimbra? Which browser (does it happen on multiple browsers)? Which operating system does the user have? Is there any anti-virus (or ant-spyware) or firewall installed on their computer? If there, what happens if they disable it? Has this just started happening or have they had the problem for a while? Is this a new install of Zimbra or an upgraded server? Does this happen only for specific users or all users? What happens if the user logs in from another PC, same problem? Anything else you think may be useful?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Sorry for the lack of info. Got a little over zealous in posting and didn't think things through first.

-Zimbra Version is 7.1.1
    -The user's computer is a MacOSX 10.5 machine using Safari browser. I have tried on a Windows 7 computer running Firefox (latest) and IE9. All with same results.
    -No Anti-Virus or Firewall running on the Mac, there is AV running on the Windows machine but turning it off has no effect.
    -Problem just recently started user says, I asked what she changed and the only thing she did was a new signature. I tried setting no signature to see if that helped, it did not.
    -So far, she is the only user seeing this problem. I don't see the problem when I log in using my user account (I can see the Selection boxes and can turn them on/off)
    -She is logging on using the AJAX interface. When I log in using the HTML version I see the check boxes but all of the functionality of the AJAX version is lost.

Thanks.

FIXED - FOund the setting in the Admin page under the user account>Preferences:

"Show selection checkbox for selecting email, contact, voicemail items in a list view for batch operations" was unchecked. Checked it and logger her out/in. Works now!

Thread Information