Thread: IM buddies and jive silly issue

kisho is offline New Member

Default IM buddies and jive silly issue

Hi everyone. Before anything I'm amazed with Zimbra CS. It's unbelieveble how nice it is and the wonderful support there is from the developers and the comunity. I'm a developer and I can guess how many hours have been necesary to make this real and so stable. Thank you all so much.

I'm having a problem with buddies rostting. I know IM is going to be deprecated (I wish it wouldn't. It's so nice and easy) but my problem might be something stupid since it worked once.

I used the script in the wiki to populate all users. The thing is that I tryed to add some of them using accents for the nickname and now there is no way I can add neither remove contacts using zmsoap. I tryed login as su - zimbra and also su zimbra with no success.

If i add or remove buddies from the internal interface (jive) or external messenger, then it works perfectly.

Does anyone know what can be wrong, how could I reset buddies or populate them in any other way?

I know it's silly but I couldn't find any solution by my self.

Thanks a million, seriously.

Hi,

I've been testing different things and this is what I got:

If I login as: su zimbra the script now works. If I login as su -zimbra it fails

The thing that fails exactly is the authorization part. First part (request subscribe) works. I know that because if I'am logged into the web interface I can see the contact appearing as soon as I do the request.

Am I wrong and should I be doing this as su Zimbra instead of su - zimbra?

(In the scrpit instructions sais that I should login as zimbra user but I don't know exacly wich one of the two is).

If not, could it be any file permission issue? Any clue on how to fix it?

Tones of thanks!!!

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

If you are becoming the zimbra user then you always need create the correct environment and to do that you use:

Code:
    su - zimbra
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hi Phoenix,

Thanks a million for the answer. Do you know what the problem could be?

Why as su - zimbra, authorizations don't work? Could it be a locale issue? I've checked and as su - zimbra I have LANG=C and as su zimbra I have LANG=es_ES.UTF8

It's driving me crazy. It might be something stupid but I can't find it.

Thanks

Thread Information