Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Unable to access admin Consol

  1. #1
    mkhurram92 is offline Loyal Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Jeddah(KSA)
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Unable to access admin Consol

    hello all there

    My Zimbra Services are running fine but i am unable to access admin Consol from Browser.

    Services are running fine.
    /etc/init.d/zimbra status
    Host mailserver.abc.com
    antispam Running
    antivirus Running
    ldap Running
    logger Running
    mailbox Running
    mta Running
    snmp Running
    spell Running
    stats Running
    zmconfigd Running


    What may b problem.

    i just apply a restore from previous backup that was on another server.

    Thanks
    We learn something every day, and lots of times it's that what we learned the day before was wrong.


    Jazaib Hussain

  2. #2
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,583
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mkhurram92 View Post
    What may b problem.
    From that description, who knows? You've given no information about your Zimbra version and which release, no information about whether this is a new installation or upgrade, no information about whether this is a single or multi-server installation, no information about the browser nor what the error is when you access the Admin UI, no information about the url you used to access the Admin UI. Did you also search the forums for any threads that cover this topic? Until you give some further details on exact the problem it's impossible to give you any advice.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    mkhurram92 is offline Loyal Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Jeddah(KSA)
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    From that description, who knows? You've given no information about your Zimbra version and which release, no information about whether this is a new installation or upgrade, no information about whether this is a single or multi-server installation, no information about the browser nor what the error is when you access the Admin UI, no information about the url you used to access the Admin UI. Did you also search the forums for any threads that cover this topic? Until you give some further details on exact the problem it's impossible to give you any advice.

    M sorry let me explain everything
    1. Zimbra Version 7 Open Source
    2. OS CentOS 5.0
    3. Initial Setup is on Xen VM. Working Fine
    4. For testing of Backup & Restore i install Same Version on Sun Virtual Box.
    5. After installing of zimbra i just copy and paste /opt/zimbra from original server to Testing Server.
    6. All configuration of hosts,IP & resolve is same as on original Machine.
    7. After copy and paste I m unable to get admin consol.
    8. Each and every service is running on test machine but admin consol not accessible and also no one can access mails from browsers.

    I think everything is clear now or I need to explain it more ???
    We learn something every day, and lots of times it's that what we learned the day before was wrong.


    Jazaib Hussain

  4. #4
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,583
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mkhurram92 View Post
    M sorry let me explain everything
    1. Zimbra Version 7 Open Source
    It's always best if you give the fulle version information from the following command:

    Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    Quote Originally Posted by mkhurram92 View Post
    2. OS CentOS 5.0
    3. Initial Setup is on Xen VM. Working Fine
    4. For testing of Backup & Restore i install Same Version on Sun Virtual Box.
    5. After installing of zimbra i just copy and paste /opt/zimbra from original server to Testing Server.
    6. All configuration of hosts,IP & resolve is same as on original Machine.
    7. After copy and paste I m unable to get admin consol.
    8. Each and every service is running on test machine but admin consol not accessible and also no one can access mails from browsers.

    I think everything is clear now or I need to explain it more ???
    Nowhere in there do I see that you've run the zmfixperms command, did you? You also don't mention whether the firewall and SElinux is diabled on the new server, are they? You should also read some of the forum threads and wiki/blog articles on how to move Zimbra to a new server - that should tell you what you need to do.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  5. #5
    mkhurram92 is offline Loyal Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Jeddah(KSA)
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    It's always best if you give the fulle version information from the following command:
    Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    zmcontrol -v
    Release 7.1.1_GA_3196.RHEL5_20110527011124 CentOS5 FOSS edition.
    Nowhere in there do I see that you've run the zmfixperms command, did you? You also don't mention whether the firewall and SElinux is diabled on the new server, are they? You should also read some of the forum threads and wiki/blog articles on how to move Zimbra to a new server - that should tell you what you need to do.
    1. i run zmfixperms but still error is there
    2. before installing i stopped and off these 3 things.(sendmail, iptables, ip6tables) SElinux is disabled already.
    We learn something every day, and lots of times it's that what we learned the day before was wrong.


    Jazaib Hussain

  6. #6
    Labsy is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    268
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mkhurram92 View Post
    1. i run zmfixperms but still error is there
    I am also interested which error is it about. Is it 404 or 500 or blank page or browser crash or what?

    Also, you say all settings are the same? IP address too?
    Are you sure you don't have some routing problems? Or NAT configured poorly?
    Is port 7071 properly forwarded?
    Are you trying to access admin area from inside network or from outside?
    Is your Zimbra NAT-ed or opened to public?
    Are you trying to access admin area using FQDN or IP address?
    What you get if you try to access your installation FQDN or IP address on standard port 80?

    Once I went to the doctor and said "I am ill. What could it be?"
    And doctor said: "I am a doctor, not a vet."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLVED] Not able to access Zimbra Admin
    By agray19 in forum Administrators
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 04:53 AM
  2. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 12:03 AM
  3. Can not access admin console after 5.0.2 upgrade
    By wolrah in forum Administrators
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 09:34 PM
  4. Unable to log into admin consol
    By gsommer in forum Administrators
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 07:49 AM
  5. Access to admin only after rebooting
    By josus in forum Administrators
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 02:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •