Thread: NE and test server

dik23 is online now Advanced Member

Default NE and test server

I've had FOSS in production for the last 7 months and now we're going to try out the Network Edition 60 day trial but I have a question.

I am aware that in order to install the NE trial I have to put the ZCSLicense.xml file in /opt/zimbra/conf/

What I am concerned about is that I am also running a test machine and unless this machine has a copy of ZCSLicense.xml it won't be running the same software as the production machine. This makes the test server rather pointless.

Now obviously I could get another trial ZCSLicense.xml by opening another email address but what I am concerned about is what happens if we decide after the 60 day trial to buy the licence ? I don't what to have to pay twice !

Also sometimes in order to make sure that my test server is an exact copy of my production machine I tarball the production machine and restore on the test. I have a feeling that this isn't going to work either due to licence duplication and am slightly concerned that if I try it it could invalidate my licence.

I am currently planning to start the trial this weekend when my users aren't at work.

Please advise.
    Last edited by dik23; 08-05-2011 at 06:55 AM. Reason: typo

dik23 is online now Advanced Member

Doesn't anyone have any input on this ?

chauvetp is offline Elite Member

I would contact Zimbra sales to see if they can get you a small test license which would not expire.
    ---
    Paul Chauvet
    State University of New York at New Paltz

Thread Information