Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with SPAMHAUS XBL

pabloce is offline Junior Member

Default Problem with SPAMHAUS XBL

I have a server that is being blocked all day in the SpamHaus XBL. I'm having trouble finding the user. The server is directly connected to the Internet, the MTA is locked for use only on the network server and authenticated SMTP is released. Someone can help you find?

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I'll move this to the correct forum as it's not a Zimbra Desktop question (which is where you posted).

Quote Originally Posted by pabloce View Post
    I have a server that is being blocked all day in the SpamHaus XBL. I'm having trouble finding the user. The server is directly connected to the Internet, the MTA is locked for use only on the network server and authenticated SMTP is released. Someone can help you find?
    You need to look at Spamhaus and see the reason it's being blocked, I'm afraid there's not much anyone can do as you haven't provided any information about the exact problem and where your server is being blocked and by whom.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Eu estou sendo bloqueado na cbl.abuseat.org every day, But I can not identify why.

Eu estou sendo bloqueado na cbl.abuseat.org every day,
    You originally said this was a problem with Spamhause, now you're saying it's a different RBL?

But I can not identify why.
    Neither can I from the lack of information. Is this a problem of your email being blocked by another server? If that's the case you need to contact the administrator and find out why mail is being blocked. Where exactly are you seeing email being blocked? The RBL will usually give you some indication of why mail is being blocked or if it's your server that's the problem then you can check your IP address on one of the free services available: +check +rbl +listing - Yahoo! Search Results

You need to do some research on why your sever is blocked and give some more detailed explanation about your problem.
    Regards

Bill

Sorry,The Spamhaus query abuseat, so I went wrong. I've done this kind of search can not find anything on the server's IP. I am asking for help, because it really is hard to find the reason for blocking.

Sorry,The Spamhaus query abuseat, so I went wrong. I've done this kind of search can not find anything on the server's IP. I am asking for help, because it really is hard to find the reason for blocking.
    It's impossible for us to give you any answer as you've provided no information (nor even answered my previous questions) about where you are seeing this "blocking".
    Regards

Bill

The problem is this, I have no information. The information I have is being blocked in all day cbl.abuseat.org. They show no header e-mail and not received any complaints in the e-mail abuse. I have looked in the logs (and Zimbra.log maillog) and find nothing.

The information I have is being blocked in all day cbl.abuseat.org.
    I'll ask this again, where are you getting this information from?
    Regards

Bill

Bill,

I checked it returns the e-mail and log files. I have a new information. I sent an e-mail abuseat.org and they answered me:

Hi Pablo,

Unfortunately due to the massive volumes we see, we typically do not keep samples.

The IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx was detected most recently at:

2011:08:05 ~05:00 UTC+/- 15 minutes (approximately 8 hours ago)

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx appeared to be suspicious because it was using the following name to identify itself during email (port 25) connections via the SMTP HELO/EHLO commands:

cli107.domain.com

This MAY have been spamware, or it would be a misconfiguration in your mail server. The CBL attempts to distinguish real mail server software from malware SMTP clients by expecting users to name their mail server[s] to indicate who _they_ are, not some random home PC in a generic end-user pool that's probably infected.

By causing your mail server to claim to be, for example,

mail.<your domain>

Chances are you won't be relisted.

This entry has already been delisted from the CBL. Unless otherwise stated, the CBL will relist this IP if the underlying issues are not resolved, and the CBL detects the same thing again.

That is, I have to change the hostname of the server. How do I do in zimbra? For my hostname is the main Zimbra, but not in use.

Go to the Split DNS article and post the output of all the commands in the 'Verify....' section of that article.
    Regards

Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information