Thread: iPad2 and Administration Console login

bkreps is offline New Member

Default iPad2 and Administration Console login

Using an iPad2 I am trying to login to the Zimbra Administration Console. After entering my credentials the iPad2 browser simply hangs at the Zimbra Administration Console splash screen with the word "Loading..."

One individual suggested that Apple (Safari) will not allow iPad users to access SSL sites that use self signed certs.

Can anyone offer me professionally worded, helpful advice?

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bkreps View Post
    Can anyone offer me professionally worded, helpful advice?
    Not professionally worded but how about this, it doesn't work on the iPad. Check some of these bug reports (and vote on them).
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Not professionally worded but how about this, it doesn't work on the iPad. Check some of these bug reports (and vote on them).
    I can accept that. I found the option that lets me turn on Safari's debug mode which revealed the following error message:

JavaScript Error on Line 378
    https://nws7.nws.k12.in.us:7071/zimb...v=080815135019
    TypeError: Result of expression 'constructor' [[object DOMWindowConstructor]] is not a constructor.

I also loaded Atomic Lite which reports that "The certificate for this server is invalid."

bdial is offline Moderator

i don't think its a certificate problem. the advanced ajax interface for regular users doesn't work on the ipad either from what i've tried. considering theres no html version of the admin interface, it may just not be supported either.

I am actually having no difficulties with the Advanced Interface. Using it I can send and receive e-mail properly. The problem I am experiencing is only with the Administration Console

Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    i don't think its a certificate problem. the advanced ajax interface for regular users doesn't work on the ipad either from what i've tried. considering theres no html version of the admin interface, it may just not be supported either.

Thread Information