I'm trying to move ZCS 4.0.3 NE from a small server to a new, beefy server.

New server is installed with RHEL4 x86_64 (test server is RHEL 32-bit).

General plan:
- install ZCS 64-bit on new server (set it so zcs doesn't start after install)
- install license file (zmlicense -i ...)
- rsync over /opt/zimbra/backup from old machine to new machine (preserve perms)
- do offline restore (zmrestoreoffline -a all)

When I do this I keep getting:
Error occurred: no such domain: zimbra.casat.org

On my old machine, I have casat.org (primary) and zimbra.casat.org domains installed. So, my full backup from the old server has 2 domains, but the new install only has 1 domain. I assume this is why zmrestoreoffline fails.

So, from reading the wiki pages, it says for cluster restore you need LDAP first, so I'll try that even though I'm only restoring to a single machine. Ok, start from scratch again and try zmrestoreldap first:

- install ZCS 64-bit on new server (set it so zcs doesn't start after install)
- install license file (zmlicense -i ...)
- rsync over /opt/zimbra/backup from old machine to new machine (preserve perms)
- do offline restore (zmrestoreldap -lb blah..)

This gives errors about not starting slapd, etc and it seems that zcs must start before you can run zmrestoreldap. This contradicts the wiki page that says you can't run zmrestoreoffline once tomcat has started.

Can you start LDAP without starting the other services (tomcat, etc)? zmcontrol doesn't seem to offer that option.

Can anyone give me concise steps on how to do a bare-metal restore to a new machine when you have /opt/zimbra/backup from the old machine?