Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: update Zimbra OSS 7.1.1 beta for SL6 -> Zimbra OSS 7.1.2 SL6

  1. #1
    xenol is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    3

    Default update Zimbra OSS 7.1.1 beta for SL6 -> Zimbra OSS 7.1.2 SL6

    Hello,

    I am planning on deploying zimbra 7.x on Scientific Linux 6 (RHEL6 derivate). I would like to ask that if I install 7.1.1 beta for RHEL6, will it be possible to upgrade later without any problems to 7.1.2, which is supposed to support RHEL6 platform once it reaches stable status?

    I would like also know if zimbra 7.1.1 beta for rhel6 is beta due to being packaged for yet unsupported platform? All the features of zimbra 7.1.1 are the same as zimbra 7.1.1 stable?

    According to Zimbra Product Management Portal, the zimbra 7.1.2 got release date set for future. Can someone tell me how long will it take, before it is marked as stable (answer like 2 weeks/month etc is enough)?


    Thanks for answers,

    xenol
    Last edited by xenol; 07-13-2011 at 01:35 AM.

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,201
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenol View Post
    I am planning on deploying zimbra 7.x on Scientific Linux 6 (RHEL6 derivate).
    Scientific Linux is not a supported platform and you may, or may not, be able to get it working. I'd suggest you use CentOS 6 as it's a binary compatible rebuild of RHEL, Scientific Linux isn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by xenol View Post
    I would like to ask that if I install 7.1.1 beta for RHEL6, will it be possible to upgrade later without any problems to 7.1.2, which is supposed to support RHEL6 platform once it reaches stable status?
    Zimbra versions are always upgradable.

    Quote Originally Posted by xenol View Post
    ll the features of zimbra 7.1.1 are the same as zimbra 7.1.1 stable?
    Of course they are, it wouldn't make sense for it to be otherwise would it?

    Quote Originally Posted by xenol View Post
    According to Zimbra Product Management Portal, the zimbra 7.1.2 got release date set for future. Can someone tell me how long will it take, before it is marked as stable (answer like 2 weeks/month etc is enough)?
    Product release are not pre-announced, when it's ready you'll see an announcement in the Announcements forum.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    xenol is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Thanks for you reply.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Old Backup stay in TO_DELETE status and no clearing..
    By bartounet in forum Administrators
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 07:40 AM
  2. admin consol blank after 5.0.3 upgarde
    By maumar in forum Administrators
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-21-2008, 05:16 AM
  3. Big Fubar on 5 FOSS GA Upgrade
    By uxbod in forum Administrators
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 03:37 AM
  4. [SOLVED] Error Installing Zimbra on RHEL 5
    By harris7139 in forum Installation
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-25-2007, 11:39 AM
  5. Fedora Core 3, Clean Install - Not working!
    By pcjackson in forum Installation
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-05-2006, 07:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •