Thread: Zimbra External Account Creation Succeeds But Does Not Save

sirtech is offline Junior Member

Default Zimbra External Account Creation Succeeds But Does Not Save

I have installed a fresh installation of ZCS7.1.1 32bit on a clean Ubuntu 8.04 machine. Split DNS is active and the installation went without issue. Setting up accounts, CoS, global preferences - no issues.

Creating external accounts for the users over the AJAX web interface seems to fail although the logs say it succeeds. This happens for POP3, IMAP, and the SSL variations of both. Hitting the Test button (or saving which forces a test) brings up the testing dialog box, but never gives a success or failure message. This happens in IE6, Chrome 12, and FF3. I have tried multiple machines just in case.

The strange things is, mailbox.log says that the test is successful. Since the web GUI never seems to receive the message, I cannot click the OK / Save button and the only option available to me is to cancel the test. This happens on all accounts.

I don't have this problem in 6.0.6 but I really like the 7.1.1 release and want to upgrade. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this and how to fix it? Maybe it is possible to turn off the testing part which will cause this to go through ok?

I have also tried logging in with the HTML interface to see if this is just an AJAX but, but it seems that the HTML interface does not have the option to create external accounts.

UPDATE: I can confirm that external accounts add, and function, successfully when using zmprov to add them to the account on the CLI. I can also confirm that even after creating them this way, I still cannot edit them and the same issue presents when the web GUI tries to test them.

UPDATE#2: I tested this over the WAN connection i.e. port forwarding the HTTPS and testing the account over the web GUI works fine. I have tried another computer on the LAN (this time WinXP and IE6) and the web GUI still fails to return a response for the test.

So now the question is: Doese anyone have any ideas what would stop the web GUI from receiving the test response code over the LAN that the ZCS machine is on?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sirtech View Post
    So now the question is: Doese anyone have any ideas what would stop the web GUI from receiving the test response code over the LAN that the ZCS machine is on?
    Firewall, anti-spam or anti-spyware/malware software?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Firewall, anti-spam or anti-spyware/malware software?
    The OS that ZCS is sitting on has IPTables pass policies on all tables and no rules defined (i.e. firewall disabled). There's no separate firewall device for the LAN; this is quite a simple setup:

Internet ------- (WAN) Modem / Router (LAN) ----- (with ZCS and the LAN PC's in this cloud)

There's no firewall on the client machines whilst connected to the LAN either. At least one of the machines tested does not have anti-spyware or anti-malware on it as well.

The only thing I can think of is that we did change the network address i.e. Zimbra was setup on 192.168.1.0/24 and we moved it to 10.0.0.0/24 for production use. What I don't understand is that if that caused problems, why would the web GUI (admin and webmail) function, but only the testing part not receive a response...hence I am discounting that theory, which leaves me back at square 1 again :/

Thread Information