Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: [SOLVED] ZCS 7.1.1 - Database Integrity - ERROR

  1. #1
    agrobio is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    4

    Default [SOLVED] ZCS 7.1.1 - Database Integrity - ERROR

    Hello, I received an email this morning from ZCS with this report:

    Database errors found.
    /opt/zimbra/mysql/bin/mysqlcheck --defaults-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/my.cnf -S /opt/zimbra/db/mysql.sock -A -C -s -u root --password=MYPASSWORD
    mboxgroup1.appointment
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `appointment`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup1.data_source_item
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `data_source_item`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup1.imap_folder
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `imap_folder`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup1.mail_item
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `mail_item`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup1.pop3_message
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `pop3_message`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup10.appointment
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `appointment`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup10.data_source_item
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `data_source_item`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup10.imap_folder
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `imap_folder`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup10.mail_item
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `mail_item`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup10.pop3_message


    (those lines are repeating for every user I´ve)

    My ZCS version are: Release 7.1.1_GA_3196.RHEL5_64_20110527011124 CentOS5_64 FOSS edition.

    My ZCS are working fine since last upgrade to 7.1.1, spite of this email, and I´ve no other problem and warnings since today.

    Centos Version: CentOS release 5.6 (Final)


    I´ve a ZCS server for contingency, I ran on this server:
    /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmdbintegrityreport -m (the report was the same) THEN,

    /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmdbintegrityreport -r

    AND I receive this for every user:

    note : The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair
    zimbra.volume
    note : The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair

    Any suggestions? What I suppose to do?

    Thank you

  2. #2
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,483
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    You should make sure you read the Release Notes in detail before and after an upgrade.

    [SOLVED] Database errors found after migration to 7.0.0
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    agrobio is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Hi Bill.

    Last week I ran the upgrade tables scripts, everything is fine.

    I received today this email (I know is a harmless notification but I´m telling you this bug is still going on):

    Database errors found.
    /opt/zimbra/mysql/bin/mysqlcheck --defaults-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/my.cnf -S /opt/zimbra/db/mysql.sock -A -C -s -u root --password=St_miMm2CzfRXkQRmhA44wLhXpa
    mysql.general_log
    Error : You can't use locks with log tables.
    mysql.slow_log
    Error : You can't use locks with log tables.


    FYI:

    Also, I ran this script: /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmfixperms --verbose --extended after that my MTA didn´t start.

    I made some correction manually with this orders:

    chown root:root /opt/zimbra/postfix-2.7.4.2z/conf/ -R
    chown postfixostfix /opt/zimbra/data/postfix/data/. -R

    Everything is going well right now.

    Regards

  4. #4
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,483
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agrobio View Post
    I received today this email (I know is a harmless notification but I´m telling you this bug is still going on):

    Database errors found.
    /opt/zimbra/mysql/bin/mysqlcheck --defaults-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/my.cnf -S /opt/zimbra/db/mysql.sock -A -C -s -u root --password=St_miMm2CzfRXkQRmhA44wLhXpa
    mysql.general_log
    Error : You can't use locks with log tables.
    mysql.slow_log
    Error : You can't use locks with log tables.


    FYI:
    That's not a bug in Zimbra, it's a MySQL bug.

    Quote Originally Posted by agrobio View Post
    Also, I ran this script: /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmfixperms --verbose --extended after that my MTA didn´t start.
    I guess you've filed a bug report for that problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by agrobio View Post
    I made some correction manually with this orders:

    chown root:root /opt/zimbra/postfix-2.7.4.2z/conf/ -R
    Those are the wrong owner:group for those files, they should be:

    Code:
    ls -l /opt/zimbra/postfix-2.7.4.2z/conf/ 
    total 188
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root   postfix 20695 May  9 23:53 access
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root   postfix  8829 May  9 23:53 aliases
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root   postfix  3548 May  9 23:53 bounce.cf.default
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root   postfix 11681 May  9 23:53 canonical
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root   postfix  9904 May  9 23:53 generic
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root   postfix 19310 May  9 23:53 header_checks
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root   postfix 11942 May  9 23:53 LICENSE
    -rw-r--r-- 1 zimbra zimbra   2477 Jun 28 07:08 main.cf
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root   postfix 24035 May  9 23:53 main.cf.default
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root   postfix  3187 May  9 23:53 makedefs.out
    -r--r----- 1 zimbra zimbra   5049 Jun 28 07:08 master.cf
    -rw-r--r-- 1 zimbra zimbra   5195 May 27 09:38 master.cf.in
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root   postfix  6816 May  9 23:53 relocated
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root   postfix  1629 May  9 23:53 TLS_LICENSE
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root   postfix 12549 May  9 23:53 transport
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root   postfix 12494 May  9 23:53 virtual
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  5. #5
    LMStone's Avatar
    LMStone is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    477 Congress Street | Portland, ME 04101
    Posts
    1,367
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agrobio View Post
    Hi Bill.

    Last week I ran the upgrade tables scripts, everything is fine.

    I received today this email (I know is a harmless notification but I´m telling you this bug is still going on):

    Database errors found.
    /opt/zimbra/mysql/bin/mysqlcheck --defaults-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/my.cnf -S /opt/zimbra/db/mysql.sock -A -C -s -u root --password=St_miMm2CzfRXkQRmhA44wLhXpa
    mysql.general_log
    Error : You can't use locks with log tables.
    mysql.slow_log
    Error : You can't use locks with log tables.


    FYI:

    Also, I ran this script: /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmfixperms --verbose --extended after that my MTA didn´t start.

    I made some correction manually with this orders:

    chown root:root /opt/zimbra/postfix-2.7.4.2z/conf/ -R
    chown postfixostfix /opt/zimbra/data/postfix/data/. -R

    Everything is going well right now.

    Regards
    The latest Patch for 7.1.1 has an updated zmfixperms which ostensibly was intended to fix that specific problem.

  6. #6
    maxxer's Avatar
    maxxer is offline Trained Alumni
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lecco, Italy
    Posts
    552
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    That's not a bug in Zimbra, it's a MySQL bug.
    I get that mysql error on every mysql check on every 7 installation (not upgrade!), and even if it's not a zimbra bug, it's annyong, and scares customers.

    Any way to avoid it?
    YetOpen S.r.l. ~ Your open source partner
    Lecco (LC) - ITALY
    http://www.yetopen.it

  7. #7
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,483
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maxxer View Post
    I get that mysql error on every mysql check on every 7 installation (not upgrade!), and even if it's not a zimbra bug, it's annyong, and scares customers.
    Why? It doesn't cause you any problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by maxxer View Post
    Any way to avoid it?
    Get MySQL to fix the bug?
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  8. #8
    agrobio is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LMStone View Post
    The latest Patch for 7.1.1 has an updated zmfixperms which ostensibly was intended to fix that specific problem.
    Let me tell you the patch is not solve all the problems and it creates new ones.

    OS: CentOS release 5.6 (Final)
    Zimbra: Release 7.1.1_GA_3196.RHEL5_64_20110527011124 CentOS5_64 FOSS edition.


    antispam Running
    antivirus Stopped
    zmclamdctl is not running

    ldap Stopped
    logger Stopped
    zmlogswatchctl is not running

    mailbox Stopped
    zmmailboxdctl is not running.

    mta Running
    snmp Running
    spell Running
    stats Running
    zmconfigd Stopped
    zmconfigd is not running.


    I´ll try to figure it out all now.

  9. #9
    maxxer's Avatar
    maxxer is offline Trained Alumni
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lecco, Italy
    Posts
    552
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Why? It doesn't cause you any problems.
    When customers call me saying their zimbra has problems because of these warnings, yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Get MySQL to fix the bug?
    Get zimbra ignore check for that tables?

    And btw if mysqlcheck fails, upon upgrade ./install.sh will (should) fail, thus preventing the installation.
    YetOpen S.r.l. ~ Your open source partner
    Lecco (LC) - ITALY
    http://www.yetopen.it

  10. #10
    ewilen's Avatar
    ewilen is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    1,474
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    For reference, the (harmless) "You can't use locks with log tables" issue is documented at Bug 50272 - harmless errors reported by zmdbintegrityreport

    That references one mysql bug; another may be MySQL Bugs: #43829: mysql_upgrade and log tables

    See [SOLVED] Database Integrity Check Report

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 02:16 PM
  2. [SOLVED] I broke my server trying to optimize... HELP!
    By myriad in forum Administrators
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-17-2011, 06:46 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 04:21 AM
  4. [SOLVED] New zcs 7 install : database errors founds
    By dkbk in forum Administrators
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 06:49 AM
  5. Zimbra fails after working for 2 weeks
    By Linsys in forum Administrators
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 12:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •