Thread: Zimbra Migration

jessefm is offline Starter Member

Default Zimbra Migration

I am trying to move my zimbra installation to a VM to test out the upgrade and have a fall back server should my upgrade go wrong. I currently have a physical server running my emails, CentOS 5.3 x86-64 with Zimbra 5.0.18 Open Source Edition.

I was able to stop the zimbra service on the physical machine and rsync my /opt/zimbra folder over to the new VM, which is also running the same version of CentOS. I installed zimbra with ./install.sh -s --platform-override, to install without configuring and to get CentOS to work with the RHEL install file.

After the install I moved the my physical machines /opt/zimbra folder in to /opt/zimbra on the VM and ran chown -R zimbra:zimbra /opt/zimbra then zmfixprems.

After this I was still not able to run zimbra it would ask for a password in the imapproxy start of the zimbra startup. I was able to get the to work by adding %zimbra ALL=NOPASSWD:/opt/zimbra/nginx/sbin/nginx to /etc/sudoers.

Which brings me to my current issue while I get no errors or prompts when zimbra starts all of its components, I can not connect to the webpage. When I run nmap on the host it does not even have port 80 open. Any suggestions as to what could be the cause would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jessefm View Post
    After the install I moved the my physical machines /opt/zimbra folder in to /opt/zimbra on the VM and ran chown -R zimbra:zimbra /opt/zimbra then zmfixprems.

After this I was still not able to run zimbra it would ask for a password in the imapproxy start of the zimbra startup. I was able to get the to work by adding %zimbra ALL=NOPASSWD:/opt/zimbra/nginx/sbin/nginx to /etc/sudoers.

Which brings me to my current issue while I get no errors or prompts when zimbra starts all of its components, I can not connect to the webpage. When I run nmap on the host it does not even have port 80 open. Any suggestions as to what could be the cause would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Let's start with a question - I'm making the assumption that you're running a single server (as you've not mentioned otherwise): why are you using the imapproxy? It should not be used on a single server as it causes problems. Search the forums for details on how to disable the imapproxy, memcached and how to reset the ports to their defaults. Post again with details of what happens after you've made those changes and restarted Zimbra.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information