Thread: Restore 5.0.18 FOSS

r8escjohn is offline Senior Member

Default Restore 5.0.18 FOSS

I am really in a world of hurt and would appreciate any and all help. First our main Zimbra server went down last night, The Raid 5 Array decided it want to no longer exist after a hot swap of a bad drive. We are on 5.0.18 on OpenSUSE 10.2 and I have a full current tar archive of the /opt/zimbra directory. I have a test box setup with OpenSUSE 10.2 and 5.0.18 - OpenSUSE as that is the original installer for 5.0.18 that I have I know I need to keep with same version if I want to even think about restoring message stores and calendars. Thing is I set that box up about 3 years ago and I know I did a test restore when I installed but now I am lost on what the procedure would be to do. Any suggestions on what to copy over and what permissions I need to set?

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Here's an article on Disaster Recovery, that should give you the basics of what needs to be done. There's also several articles in the blog/wik and forum threads on how to move your Zimbra installation to a new server, they will also give you the information you need.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Phoenix, Many thanks for the link! Have some important family health matters i need to take care of that honestly are more important than an e-Mail server issue being down - sorry , so will look at that later in the week. One question though. Could I successfully do the restore procedure on like 5.0.28 (or 6) of the 5.0.18 files - as there is a Ubuntu load for it? OpenSUSE 10.3 is just plain driving me truley insane......Or would you have an archive link for the older 5.0.18 for Ubuntu you can point me to?

Default Do DR on a working 5.0.18

Ok, have a working Zimbra 5.0.18 server up and mail is back flowing to users aftre manually setting users back up - domain issues-forgot how I had it set up originally. Not fun.....Now can I restore individual calendars and mail stores to individual accounts using the copy of the /opt/zimbra directory I have or would it be best to set up another dummy Zimbra box and do the DR as explained in that doc? Any suggestions?

Thread Information