Thread: ERROR: account.ACCOUNT_EXISTS when trying to rename accounts

stace is offline Active Member

Default ERROR: account.ACCOUNT_EXISTS when trying to rename accounts

I have a domain in zimbra populated with accounts. Let's pretend the domain is called "zimbra.company.com." I'm now ready to migrate these users to a new domain on the server, which is called "company.com".

When I issue the command:

Code:
    zmprov ra oldaccount@zimbra.company.com newaccount@company.com
    I get the following error:

Code:
    ERROR: account.ACCOUNT_EXISTS (email address already exists: newaccount@company.com)
    com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapFaultException: email address already exists: newaccount@company.com
    ExceptionId:com.zimbra.cs.account.AccountServiceException: email address already exists: newaccount@company.com
    ExceptionId:btpool0-36://zimbra-mb2.company.com:7071/service/admin/soap/RenameAccountRequest/RenameAccountRequest:1306356587647:4608f9db0812c4de
    Code:account.ACCOUNT_EXISTS
        at com.zimbra.cs.account.AccountServiceException.ACCOUNT_EXISTS(AccountServiceException.java:243)
        at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.renameAccount(LdapProvisioning.java:2350)
    (etc.)
    Now, obviously, newaccount@company.com doesn't exist, or else I wouldn't be stumped by this.

The domain company.com authenticates against external LDAP, so I thought maybe it was because the account existed in the external LDAP. So I turned off ldap and switched to internal auth. No dice. Same problem.

I originally suspected this was going to be a problem for every account in the domain, but it turns out that so far it's localized to this one account. Any ideas on how I can isolate the problem?

Mojah is offline New Member

Hi,

We just had the exact same issue - we "solved" it by first changing the account from "active" to "closed", renamed it, and then changed it back to active.

Silly workaround, but it did the trick.

Mattias

bofh is offline Elite Member

another issue could be nother obect in this domain with that name

that can be a resource or an alias -

LMStone is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by stace View Post
    I have a domain in zimbra populated with accounts. Let's pretend the domain is called "zimbra.company.com." I'm now ready to migrate these users to a new domain on the server, which is called "company.com".

When I issue the command:

Code:
    zmprov ra oldaccount@zimbra.company.com newaccount@company.com
    I get the following error:

Code:
    ERROR: account.ACCOUNT_EXISTS (email address already exists: newaccount@company.com)
    com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapFaultException: email address already exists: newaccount@company.com
    ExceptionId:com.zimbra.cs.account.AccountServiceException: email address already exists: newaccount@company.com
    ExceptionId:btpool0-36://zimbra-mb2.company.com:7071/service/admin/soap/RenameAccountRequest/RenameAccountRequest:1306356587647:4608f9db0812c4de
    Code:account.ACCOUNT_EXISTS
        at com.zimbra.cs.account.AccountServiceException.ACCOUNT_EXISTS(AccountServiceException.java:243)
        at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.renameAccount(LdapProvisioning.java:2350)
    (etc.)
    Now, obviously, newaccount@company.com doesn't exist, or else I wouldn't be stumped by this.

The domain company.com authenticates against external LDAP, so I thought maybe it was because the account existed in the external LDAP. So I turned off ldap and switched to internal auth. No dice. Same problem.

I originally suspected this was going to be a problem for every account in the domain, but it turns out that so far it's localized to this one account. Any ideas on how I can isolate the problem?
    Why not just rename the domain? Doing so will rename all the accounts for you at the same time.

Hope that helps,
    Mark

bofh is offline Elite Member

congrats thata the most evil advise today here lol

first it wont help him - the domain name is irrelevant because he need the new account in the same realm

others then mybe causing trouble and reject mail will not happen with a domain rename - thats NOT relyable even in a network hehe

Thread Information