Thread: RT and Zimbra, Seperate Boxes

mrme is offline Intermediate Member

Exclamation RT and Zimbra, Seperate Boxes

I've been searching around, and need some clarification before I start to monkey around. Server .50 runs Zimbra and Server .53 Runs Request Tracker. I have set RT up before, but it was on the same box that Sendmail was running, so no biggie. The end goal is to implement rt-mailgate so that support@foo.bar will create a ticket in the incoming queue.

I found this wiki

Configuring Postfix to work with piped scripts - Zimbra :: Wiki

But, if im not mistaken, that's will work if you are running both scripts on the same box. Im not.

So, if i followed this wiki, but changed/added this portion as such...

Code:
    -pipe         unix    -       n               n               -               -       pipe
        flags= user=www argv=someuser@xxx.xxx.xxx.53/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue incoming --action correspond --url http://rt.foo.bar/
    rt-comment-pipe         unix    -       n               n               -               -       pipe
        flags= user=www argv=someuser@xxx.xxx.xxx.53/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue incoming --action comment --url https://rt.foo.bar/
    would that work?

These are live mission critical boxes, so i cant just be changing stuff willy-nilly with out any idea what im doing.

Thanks in advance for the help..

Crap, forgot...

CentOS 5.5 and Zimbra Community Ed. Ver 6.0 (64bit)

Krishopper is offline Dedicated Member

I would recommend setting up support@foo.bar with a zimbraMailTransport pointing to the RT server.

zmprov ma support@foo.bar zimbraMailTransport smtp:rt.domain.com:25

Then set up Postfix on rt.domain.com to pipe email in as required.

Just be sure that RT relays mail out through Zimbra, so that the Postfix instance on rt.bar.com doesn't think that domain.com isn't a local domain and encounters a failure when it delivers a mail to a local user.

Another option (which is what we do) is to set up support@foo.bar as a distribution list, or an account with a forward, which forwards email to support@support.domain.com. That way postfix on the RT machine will have its own subdomain and you don't have to deal with conflicts. You don't have to make other people aware of support.domain.com, but it will just be used behind the scenes to map support mail into RT.

Final option would be to have RT pull mail from Zimbra using POP3, also.
    01 Networks, LLC / Cybernetik.net
    Zimbra NE and OSS Cloud Hosting
    Shared Web Hosting
    Consulting Services

Cool, ima give it a shot and see what happens. I will report back.

Thanks for your help!

Thread Information