Thread: Updating GoDady SSL Certificates

ayush1440 is offline Loyal Member

Default KeySize error while Updating GoDady SSL Certificates

Hello Friends,

I am using Zimbra Release 6.0.7_GA_2473.DEBIAN5 DEBIAN5 FOSS edition and working perfectly.

We are using GoDaddy Certificate since last year, Now i update for 3 years and try to install / update certificates but it shows some error.

I tried some links for guides but still shows error. At last need to post it here.

I tried [SOLVED] Can't install my commercial certificate
    [SOLVED] Can't install my commercial certificate.
    My server is on live so I afraid to do massive changes so kindly please tell me some steps.

Error is Your certificate was not installed due to the error : invalid request: missing required element: keysize
    Message: Your certificate was not installed due to the error : invalid request: missing required element: keysize Error code: ZaCertWizard.prototype.installCallback Method: AjxException.UNKNOWN_ERROR Details:invalid request: missing required element: keysize

Can you please do further step to getout of this error, i think its a keysize error but dont know how to resolve it.

Thanks in advance..
    Last edited by ayush1440; 05-05-2011 at 06:06 AM.

LMStone is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ayush1440 View Post
    Hello Friends,

I am using Zimbra Release 6.0.7_GA_2473.DEBIAN5 DEBIAN5 FOSS edition and working perfectly.

We are using GoDaddy Certificate since last year, Now i update for 3 years and try to install / update certificates but it shows some error.

I tried some links for guides but still shows error. At last need to post it here.

I tried [SOLVED] Can't install my commercial certificate
    [SOLVED] Can't install my commercial certificate.
    My server is on live so I afraid to do massive changes so kindly please tell me some steps.

Error is Your certificate was not installed due to the error : invalid request: missing required element: keysize
    Message: Your certificate was not installed due to the error : invalid request: missing required element: keysize Error code: ZaCertWizard.prototype.installCallback Method: AjxException.UNKNOWN_ERROR Details:invalid request: missing required element: keysize

Can you please do further step to getout of this error, i think its a keysize error but dont know how to resolve it.

Thanks in advance..
    GoDaddy requires a keysize of 2048 when generating the CSR. Your old (and I might add insecure) version of Zimbra generates CSRs with a keysize of 1024.

So, you'll need to use the Zimbra cli tools to regenerate the csr and, after submitting the new csr to GoDaddy and getting a new cert, you'll need to use zmcertmgr again to install the ssl cert and the GoDaddy bundle cert.

The official wiki article:
    Administration Console and CLI Certificate Tools - Zimbra :: Wiki

I would strongly recommend updating Zimbra to the latest 6.0.x version at your earliest convenience, but only after you install the new certificate.

Hope that helps,
    Mark

Thread Information