Thread: the problem of changing IP address of the mail server

nxzwt is offline Project Contributor

Default the problem of changing IP address of the mail server

i want to upgrage zimbra from 5.0.11 to 7.1.0.Before upgrading,as a testing ,I installed a new server using centos 5.6-x64 with IP address 192.168.1.6,and estabished zimbra 7.1.0 successfully. then i change the ip address to 192.168.2.6, zimbra stop working,it says the ldap error.and i resintall the zimbra again,but the error is still existing. it seems that if i do not reintsll the OS,i can not correct the error.

can somebody tell me how to change the server's IP address after install zimbra?

thanks a lot!

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by nxzwt View Post
    i want to upgrage zimbra from 5.0.11 to 7.1.0.Before upgrading,as a testing ,I installed a new server using centos 5.6-x64 with IP address 192.168.1.6,and estabished zimbra 7.1.0 successfully. then i change the ip address to 192.168.2.6, zimbra stop working,it says the ldap error.and i resintall the zimbra again,but the error is still existing. it seems that if i do not reintsll the OS,i can not correct the error.!
    You don't say whether you're moving from 32bit to 64bit or just installing a new version of Zimbra nor whether you have a Split DNS set-up correctly nor what the scenario is, exactly.

If you're moving from 32bit to 64bit you need to follow the wiki article on that subject: site:zimbra.com 32bit 64bit - Yahoo! Search Results If you're just installing a new version of ZCS then why are you changing the IP after installation, did you also change the hosts file & DNS records? You need to give an exact description of what you've done (or are trying to do).
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information