Current issue is I cannot get mysqld to start in 7.1.0 UBUNTU10_64. See step 4 and 5 below.

Steps taken:

1. Successfully updated from 5.0.18UBUNTU8-32bit to 5.0.18UBUNTU-64bit following instructions found here

2. Successfully updated from 5.0.18UBUNTU8-64bit to 7.1.0UBUNTU8-64bit using install.sh from 7.1.0.
zmcontrol stop.
rsync -avHK /opt/zimbra [external backup device]/zimbra7_64.bak

3. Installed UBUNTU10.04 on another server with identical name.
Followed instructions for properly configured /etc/hosts file.
/etc/hostname file matches exactly with the 7.1.0UBUNTU8-64bit machine (step 2)
UBUNTU system user names and passwords the same also.
Added ZCS 7.1.0 prereqs.
Installed dummy ZCS7.1.0UBUNTU10-64bit.

3a. zmcontrol stop.

mv /opt/zimbra /opt/zimbra.install (zimbra.install is dummy install)

3b. took a backup from step 2 and restored it to server in step 3 using: rsync -avHK [external backup device]/zimbra.bak /opt/zimbra

3c. chown -R zimbra:zimbra /opt/zimbra.
/opt/zimbra/libexec/zmfixperms --verbose --extended
--------------------------
4. from zcs7.1.0UBUNTU10-64bit# ./install.sh.
Install process recognizes it needs to do an upgrade. Choose not to verify database integrity (read that in the forums) but install does not complete.

Looked at /opt/zimbra.install (the dummy) and noticed /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu-thread/multi/auto/Cwd/Cwd.so did not exist.

Renamed /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu-thread/multi/auto/Cwd/Cwd.so to ..../Cwd.so.8_04 then ran zcs7.1.0UBUNTU10-64bit# install.sh. This time the install completes.

This is where I'm at now:
5. zmcontrol status shows:
mailbox stopped,mysql.server not running,stats stopped

looking at /opt/zimbra/log/mysql_error.log reveals that /opt/zimbra/mysql/libexec/mysqld is not running- mysql.plugin doesn't exist. Says: "Run mysql_upgrade to create it."

took a look at /opt/zimbra/conf/my.cnf and added:
innodb=FORCE

took a look at MySQL Crash Recovery going thru the steps to get mysql to start in recovery mode, adding
innodb_force_recovery = 1 and incrementing up to 6. Did not work.

Not sure what to do next. Please help.