Thread: [SOLVED] Generating a 2048 CSR and key pair with ZCS...

nadsab is offline Active Member

Default [SOLVED] Generating a 2048 CSR and key pair with ZCS...

ZCS admin certificate install wizard apparently will only generate a 1024 CSR and key pair.

I am able however to generate 2048 keys and CSR's via CLI though, so I know my version of MOD SSL will do this.

Thanks.

Should I just do this by not using Zimbra admin certificate wizard and generate and install manually via CLI the private key and certificte for Zimbra server (the SSL certificate for the mail server address itself) and restart Zimbra?

Would this crash Zimbra?

I am concerned about doing it this way because doesn't Zimbra create a new directory for each new private key and certificate pair when using the create csr wizard in Admin?
    would Zimbra be able to find the correct path to the certificate and key if I do this manually? I'm concerned I won't be able to log back in to ZCS after zimbra restart if the key is not found.

I have created many keys and csr's manually for many domains on this same Centos server, the cert in question here is the cert for my Zimbra mail server and I want to do it correctly...
    Last edited by nadsab; 04-06-2011 at 07:07 AM.

...or...

Is there a way to generate a 2048 CSR as the Zimbra user via CLI? Instead of doing so as root server user?

I can generate a CSR and key via root user, but I want to make sure I generate a key and CSR pair that ZCS will find after Zimbra restart...due to the new directories Zimbra creates for new keys and certificates, since apparently the ZCS certificate install wizard in admin will only generate a 1024.

Thread Information