Thread: Migration - 8.04ubuntu 32bit - Centos 5.5 64 bit

braindead is offline New Member

Exclamation Migration - 8.04ubuntu 32bit - Centos 5.5 64 bit

Since this can only be done within the same versions (6.05 ubuntu 32b -> 6.05 centos 64b) the issue that i am experiencing is after the database, mailboxes has been transfrerred (following the preparing the 64bit server) i can no longer access the webpage/login page on zimbra, and zmcontrol status says that sql error, forgot to take the screenshots since the backup that i was trying to restore was last year's since we are preparing to migrate to this 64bit server. can you give me any tips or feedbacks if this is possible.

P.S i followed what the wiki told me to do. but maybe i messed up something

Thanks!

i know this is possible. i just dont know what went wrong.. any of you guys have success in doing this. ill be trying this tomorrow i guess. i just need to redo my centos installation i guess.
    Last edited by braindead; 04-04-2011 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Bump/ Update

if this would not work is it possible for me to
    1) start a new installation (new server) same hostname,then Replicate the data from the 32bit server LDAP, store, index. and where will be the location of the addressbook.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

The wiki article for moving from 32bit to 64bit does work if you follow the instructions exactly (obviously missing out the NE steps). There are threads on the forums that confirm it works, it's also confirmed by Zimbra that they are the correct steps. You need to go through the article and tell us where it's failing and confirm that you're running the correct commands at each step.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

will do then. since im rsynching the folder to another location atm.
    the issue that i experienced before was the localconfig.xml do i need to transfer the whole contents of that localconfig.xml(32bit) to the new install. what i did was i overwritten the file.. i didnt try to copy the one directed since on my end it seems that it is encrypted, since it shows random letters.

thanks for the reply. have a good one.
    Last edited by braindead; 04-08-2011 at 12:13 AM. Reason: forgot to say thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    The wiki article for moving from 32bit to 64bit does work if you follow the instructions exactly (obviously missing out the NE steps). There are threads on the forums that confirm it works, it's also confirmed by Zimbra that they are the correct steps. You need to go through the article and tell us where it's failing and confirm that you're running the correct commands at each step.
    this is the problem that i am experiencing

Code:
    [zimbra@mail root]$ chown -R zimbra:zimbra /opt/zimbra/data/ldap
    chown: changing ownership of `/opt/zimbra/data/ldap/hdb/db/__db.001': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of `/opt/zimbra/data/ldap/hdb/db/dn2id.bdb': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of `/opt/zimbra/data/ldap/hdb/db/zimbraACE.bdb': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of `/opt/zimbra/data/ldap/hdb/db/uid.bdb': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of `/opt/zimbra/data/ldap/hdb/db/zimbraId.bdb': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of `/opt/zimbra/data/ldap/hdb/db/entryUUID.bdb': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of `/opt/zimbra/data/ldap/hdb/db/id2entry.bdb': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of `/opt/zimbra/data/ldap/hdb/db/__db.002': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of `/opt/zimbra/data/ldap/hdb/db/objectClass.bdb': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of `/opt/zimbra/data/ldap/hdb/db/givenName.bdb': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of `/opt/zimbra/data/ldap/hdb/db/zimbraMailForwardingAddress.bdb': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of `/opt/zimbra/data/ldap/hdb/db/zimbraMailTransport.bdb': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of `/opt/zimbra/data/ldap/hdb/db/displayName.bdb': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of `/opt/zimbra/data/ldap/hdb/db/sn.bdb': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of `/opt/zimbra/data/ldap/hdb/db/mail.bdb': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of `/opt/zimbra/data/ldap/hdb/db/entryCSN.bdb': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of `/opt/zimbra/data/ldap/hdb/db/cn.bdb': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of `/opt/zimbra/data/ldap/hdb/db/alock': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of `/opt/zimbra/data/ldap/hdb/db/zimbraDomainName.bdb': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of `/opt/zimbra/data/ldap/hdb/db/zimbraMailAlias.bdb': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of `/opt/zimbra/data/ldap/hdb/db/zimbraMailDeliveryAddress.bdb': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of `/opt/zimbra/data/ldap/hdb/db/__db.003': Operation not permitted
    [zimbra@mail root]$/opt/zimbra/openldap/sbin/slapadd -q -b "" -f /opt/zimbra/conf/slapd.conf -cv -l /backup/ldap.bak
    could not open config file "/opt/zimbra/conf/slapd.conf": Permission denied (13)
    slapadd: bad configuration file!

what went wrong. and yes i followed almost everything except from (isolating the server) from the preparing servers
    the files that i used to restore the database, index, and the other impt stuff noted in the wiki was an rsynched zimbra folder thru
    Code:
    rsync -vHKe ssh 192.168.0.1:/opt/zimbra /opt/zimbra.bak
    Last edited by braindead; 04-14-2011 at 09:52 PM.

Thread Information