Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: alt-a IE problem

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bazyl View Post
    I can confirm this issue, version 8 and Chrome. Alt+A behaves like Ctrl+A, and the next key replaces all the text already written.
    Webclient in Chrome is pretty much unusable if your using Polish characters, because Alt+A is used very often. For me it's back to Firefox.
    Hope to see some fix for this bug.
    The bug report mentioned in this thread was fixed in ZCS 7.1.2, if you think this still exists then search bugzilla to see if it's been reported then file a bug report if one does not exist.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

adamhatak is offline Active Member

Default alt-a Chrome problem

Hi,

I can confirm that this issue is present in Chrome (ver. 25.0.1364.152 m). I also found that files (Startup2_all.js.zgz and NewWindow_all.js.zgz) that were affected (bug 58569) in Zimbra 8.0.2 FOSS 64bit contains fix for mentioned bug. So it means that this is something different - maybe in Zimbra 8 other files are responsible for that function? I will reopen (if possible) this bug with link to this post.

Regards,

Adam

hopsey is offline Starter Member

Please, do something quickly. The problem is very annoying, cant work on a different browser than Chrome.

On Mac OS X Mountain Lion and latest Chome no such issue - this seems to be a Chrome Windows version bug. This is probably because of cmd / ctrl keys difference in Apple hardware family.

bartekm is offline Starter Member

Quote Originally Posted by adamhatak View Post
    On Mac OS X Mountain Lion and latest Chome no such issue - this seems to be a Chrome Windows version bug. This is probably because of cmd / ctrl keys difference in Apple hardware family.
    I've had the same problem and found a solution. The problem with ALT-a occurs on all web browsers based on WebKit but only on Windows. The problem occurs only in HTML mail editor. In text editor all works perfect. The problem is not with zimbra or Chrome but with TinyMCE editor. Zimbra 8.0.5 uses TinyMCE editor version 3.5.4. Alt-a problem does not exist in TinyMCE version 3.5.8.

So what I did to solve the problem:

1. From TinyMCE project page I downloaded tinymce_3.5.8.zip You can download it from here: https://github.com/tinymce/tinymce/downloads
    2. After unpacking I found tiny_mce_src.js in tinymce_3.5.8/tinymce/jscripsts/tiny_mce folder.
    3. I renamed tiny_mce_src.js to TinyMCE_all.js. Take care on last '.' after js - it is important.
    4. I gzip-ed this file (gzip -S zgz TinyMCE_all.js.). You should have TinyMCE_all.js.zgz file after this operation.
    5. I upload TinyMCE_all.js.zgz to /opt/zimbra/jetty/webapps/zimbra/js folder. Before that please make copy of original file.
    6. After restarting Chrome browser Alt-a is now ą (In some situations it is good idea to first clear Chrome cache)

I did not check it on version 8.0.6 but it should work.

Hope this will help

Hi bartekm!
    Your solution is working! Great job! I have made it on Zimbra FOSS 8.0.6. and it's working.
    Once again many thanks for your support.

Regards,

Adam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information