Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: mail transport unavailable

  1. #1
    venugopalr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Coimbatore. INDIA
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    5

    Default mail transport unavailable

    hi,

    Thanks for heping me....

    I am getting an error says "mail transport unavailable", please help me resolve this issue.

    regards,
    R. Venugopal
    Coimbatore. INDIA

  2. #2
    fyd
    fyd is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    373
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Hi Venugopal. Please provide more info on the problem. How you are trying to send, and more details from log file 'zimbra.log' while you face this.

  3. #3
    venugopalr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Coimbatore. INDIA
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Thanks, i will send u the log very soon

    thanks

  4. #4
    venugopalr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Coimbatore. INDIA
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by venugopalr View Post
    Thanks, i will send u the log very soon

    thanks
    Mar 12 04:29:12 mail postfix/qmgr[4504]: B57F27580B0: to=<abcde1234@yahoo.com>, relay=none, delay=45258, delays=45250/8.7/0/0, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (mail transport unavailable)


    please help me...

  5. #5
    fyd
    fyd is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    373
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    You say that mail transport fails for a few while others work fine. We need to look at all deferred mails in queue.

    Try this command, it will show details of mails in your queue. Get the ids from there and check logs to see if all of them are being sent to the same destination.
    # su - zimbra
    $ postqueue -p

  6. #6
    fyd
    fyd is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    373
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    And please update your forum profile with the ZCS version you are running. That helps.

    I always keep track of the queue status with this command.
    # su - zimbra
    $ sudo ~/libexec/zmqstat

    It gets the number of mails in each queue.

  7. #7
    venugopalr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Coimbatore. INDIA
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fyd View Post
    You say that mail transport fails for a few while others work fine. We need to look at all deferred mails in queue.

    Try this command, it will show details of mails in your queue. Get the ids from there and check logs to see if all of them are being sent to the same destination.
    # su - zimbra
    $ postqueue -p
    hi,

    i have checked using this command, it shows the destination to various mail ids, but all the destination mail ids are in yahoo domain. wat would be the problem....pls

  8. #8
    fyd
    fyd is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    373
    Rep Power
    4

    Default hmm

    Quote Originally Posted by venugopalr View Post
    hi,

    i have checked using this command, it shows the destination to various mail ids, but all the destination mail ids are in yahoo domain. wat would be the problem....pls
    Just see if any account on your server 'is' able to send successfully to yahoo. Yahoo can block you if attachment size or size of mail is large. Besides you should also check if you are in any blacklists. You may be blacklisted due to spamming or backscatter, which may be the reason for the block. Check with mxtoolbox

    From what I understand they can also block you for sending bulk mails(large mails). Check that too. The frequency of sending out.

  9. #9
    John Siu is offline Loyal Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Though if 'postqueue' work usually means postfix is running, but just to be sure try:
    su - zimbra
    zmcontrol status
    Also test the following:
    (1) Send email from one local account to another local account, does the email got delivered?
    (2) Send email from an external account to a local account, does the email got delivered?
    (3) Are all or partial out bound emails generating errors?

  10. #10
    venugopalr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Coimbatore. INDIA
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fyd View Post
    Just see if any account on your server 'is' able to send successfully to yahoo. Yahoo can block you if attachment size or size of mail is large. Besides you should also check if you are in any blacklists. You may be blacklisted due to spamming or backscatter, which may be the reason for the block. Check with mxtoolbox

    From what I understand they can also block you for sending bulk mails(large mails). Check that too. The frequency of sending out.
    hi.. thanks for reply.
    i hv checked, our ip seems to be not in blacklist. today i have sent a mail to a yahoo id, it delivers and also i had god the reply also from them. i think earlier our staff has send those mails in bulk., will it be a problem....pls

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Problems with port 25
    By yogiman in forum Installation
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 01:55 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 07:01 AM
  3. Problem with Postfix and MTA
    By ZMilton in forum Administrators
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 06:47 AM
  4. [SOLVED] Mailserver down when send file attach of 50Mb
    By ZMilton in forum Administrators
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 11:44 AM
  5. fresh install down may be due to tomcat
    By gon in forum Installation
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 08:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •