Thread: Delegate cross mailbox search...

kgoodridge is offline Trained Alumni

Default Delegate cross mailbox search...

Version 7, single domain, Archive and Discovery enabled. I would like to delegate cross mailbox search right to an admin group without having to provide global admin console access and rights to other admin functions. Is the documentation wrong or is there a bug in version 7. I can not create "adminConsoleCrossMailboxSearchRights" on the "Taget type = server". Version 7 seems to only allow this right using "Target type = global".

Here is the Error I receive.

Failed to grant the ACL: invalid request: right adminConsoleCrossMailboxSearchRights cannot be granted on a server entry. It can only be granted on target types: global Message: invalid request: right adminConsoleCrossMailboxSearchRights cannot be granted on a server entry. It can only be granted on target types: global Error code: service.INVALID_REQUEST Method: [unknown] Details:soap:Sender

Here is what the documentation says.

Run cross-mailbox searches
    This role creates an delegated administrator role that can run the Search Mail
    tool to search mail archives or live mail for accounts on the server. Target type = server
    Target = Select the server where cross mailbox searches can be run Right Type = System Defined Right
    Right Name = adminConsoleCrossMailboxSearchRights

When I select the "Target type = global" and "Right Name = adminConsoleCrossMailboxSearchRights" and then login as the admin user I delegated this role to, I receive an "Insufficient permissions" error.
    Last edited by kgoodridge; 03-02-2011 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Provided more details.

Thread Information