Thread: Allowing Users to Add Personas In Alias Domains

In_The_Ville is offline Special Member

Default Allowing Users to Add Personas In Alias Domains

Anyone know if there is a way to allow a user to add a persona under an alias domain? I have a user under domain A, with three aliases. When he tries to add a persona from his Preferences menu, he can only see domain A and not the aliases. Is there any way for him to get a drop-down of the alias domains?

lytledd is offline Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by In_The_Ville View Post
    Anyone know if there is a way to allow a user to add a persona under an alias domain? ?
    If you want the user to be able to add any alias, you'll have to check the "Allow sending email from any address" from the Administrators Portal, User's Profile => Preferences tab (At least under 6.10)

Doug
    Ben Franklin quote:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Quote Originally Posted by lytledd View Post
    If you want the user to be able to add any alias, you'll have to check the "Allow sending email from any address" from the Administrators Portal, User's Profile => Preferences tab (At least under 6.10)

Doug

That box is checked, and they can add personas, but there is now way for them to pick an alias domain.

lytledd is offline Elite Member

All domains have to be configured ahead of time in Zimbra. So, I I'm not understanding what you're trying to do. It'd help if you'd give an example.

For instance, our work server hosts 9 different domains, we have several users that have their main account and 1 or 2 aliase accounts on different domains. When they go to reply to a message that they received on 1 of their alias accounts, they can select who they will replay as from a pull down menu in Outlook.

Since I don't user Outlook, I'm going from memory, but I thought they could create an alias that wasn't limited to just the email address of any particular domain, but also include the domain name that they wanted.

Doug
    Ben Franklin quote:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Quote Originally Posted by lytledd View Post
    All domains have to be configured ahead of time in Zimbra. So, I I'm not understanding what you're trying to do. It'd help if you'd give an example.

For instance, our work server hosts 9 different domains, we have several users that have their main account and 1 or 2 aliase accounts on different domains. When they go to reply to a message that they received on 1 of their alias accounts, they can select who they will replay as from a pull down menu in Outlook.

Since I don't user Outlook, I'm going from memory, but I thought they could create an alias that wasn't limited to just the email address of any particular domain, but also include the domain name that they wanted.

Doug
    Here's the example. I host a domain, call it domain.com. The owner of the domain has asked for three domain aliases: alias1.com, alias2.com and alias3.com. I set them up as follows:

zmprov createAliasDomain alias1.com domain.com
    zmprov createAliasDomain alias2.com domain.com
    zmprov createAliasDomain alias3.com domain.com

Now, I see these domain aliases in my list of domains in the admin panel. However, when the user, whose account is user@domain.com goes into his Preferences, and clicks 'Add Persona', there is nowhere for him to indicate that he wants the persona to be under alias1.com, alias2.com or alias3.com. His only option is domain.com. I was pretty sure that under ZCS 6, there was a dropdown to select the domain.

Mo_Hong is offline Senior Member

Default Anyone solved this???

Has anyone solved this issue. I'm trying to setup a Persona, from a different domain (domain B) that is hosted on the same ZCS as our main domain (domain A), to send mail with it. I have setup an alias account on domain B that is targeted to my primary mailbox on domain A. I sent over an email and it arrived without problem. Now I'm trying to setup the Persona to send mail from may main mailbox on domain A using my alias from domain B, but the alias does not appear on the Preferences -> Mail -> Accounts dropdown when adding a new Persona.

Has anyone solved this??

Thanks in advance!!!

E.
    Netnovation...using Zimbra since 2005

gvillari is offline Trained Alumni

The answer is on the second post of this thread!

Go to admin console-> edit the account (or COS)-> select the 'Preferences' tab and check the 'Allow sending email from any address' option.

Then, when you log in webmail-> 'Preferences' tab-> 'Account' option, you can add any persona!

Regards

sth
    sth is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by gvillari View Post
    The answer is on the second post of this thread!

Go to admin console-> edit the account (or COS)-> select the 'Preferences' tab and check the 'Allow sending email from any address' option.

Then, when you log in webmail-> 'Preferences' tab-> 'Account' option, you can add any persona!

Regards
    The salient bit seems to be that the user must log out from- and then back into the web UI to instantiate this change. I think. (My alias list is so long that it's possible I missed the foreign-domain aliases the first several times through. Sure would be helpful if those were listed alphabetically rather than chronologically by creation time.)

-sth

Thread Information