Thread: External installation

pajaropinto is offline New Member

Default External installation

Hi,

I installed zimbra 7.0 on Centos 5.5 following the installation instructions.

The installation did not give any error and i can perfectly access the Zimbra client gui and also the admin gui.

I do not want to work with my own mail server. i want to continue using my external mail provider "pop3.strato.com" and "smpt.strato.com. "

Anyway, i set up multiple accounts with the option to pop fetch and receiving emails ok.

But when i tried to follow several instructions for setting up all my mails are sent by the external server "smtp.strato.com" and i have not gotten it to work.

I am not an expert.

Could someone explain step by step how to configure zimbra to send all emails through my external server "smtp.strato.com?

Thanks

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by pajaropinto View Post
    But when i tried to follow several instructions for setting up all my mails are sent by the external server "smtp.strato.com" and i have not gotten it to work.
    Which instructions have you followed? What exactly happens and what errors do you see in the log files?

Please don't post duplicate messages in the forums, pick a suitable form then post one copy of your messages. Either use the Spanish language forums or the English forums but not both. I'll remove your duplicate post.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

When i try to send a message thru external SMTP server zimbra shows the next error:

msg: try again: Unable to connect to the MTA
    code: mail.TRY_AGAIN
    detail: soap:Receiver
    trace: com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException: try again: Unable to connect to the MTA ExceptionId:btpool0-1://192.168.0.1/service/soap/SendMsgRequest:1298032445248:c7b5e0b65433e8a2 Code:mail.TRY_AGAIN at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException.TRY_AGA IN(MailServiceException.java:478) at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailSender.sendMimeMessage(M ailSender.java:628) at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailSender.sendMimeMessage(M ailSender.java:425) at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailSender.sendMimeMessage(M ailSender.java:385) at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.SendMsg.doSendMessage(S endMsg.java:193) at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.SendMsg.handle(SendMsg. java:154) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:401) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:276) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:157) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.jav a:294) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:215) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:727) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:208) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:511) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter(Set HeaderFilter.java:79) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157) at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserA gentFilter.java:81) at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter .java:132) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:388) at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:218) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:182) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:765) at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:422) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.h andle(RewriteHandler.java:230) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.DebugHandler.handle(Debu gHandler.java:77) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:543) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:946) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:756) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:218) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:405) at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:410) at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:451) Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: smtp.strato.com at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.j ava:177) at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.j ava:366) at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:529) at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.MailConnection.newSocket( MailConnection.java:416) at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.MailConnection.connect(Ma ilConnection.java:74) at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.smtp.SmtpTransport.protoc olConnect(SmtpTransport.java:183) at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:291) at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:172) at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:121) at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailSender.sendMessageToHost (MailSender.java:894) at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailSender.sendMessage(MailS ender.java:831) at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailSender.sendMimeMessage(M ailSender.java:565) ... 39 more
    request:
    Body: {
    SendMsgRequest: {
    _jsns: "urn:zimbraMail",
    m: {
    e: [
    0: {
    a: "pajaropinto@seawide.eu",
    add: "1",
    p: "pajaropinto",
    t: "t"
    },
    1: {
    a: "viatrusso@gmail.com",
    add: "1",
    t: "c"
    },
    2: {
    a: "fernan@seawide.eu",
    p: "Fernan ",
    t: "f"
    }
    ],
    id: "382",
    idnt: "a60ad192-e8aa-4cba-89ba-af8d108864eb",
    irt: {
    _content: "<d2468712-1a4a-4e57-9979-85feb10566e9@server01.seawide.eu>"
    },
    mp: [
    0: {
    content: {
    _content: "ddddd"
    },
    ct: "text/plain"
    }
    ],
    su: {
    _content: "dddd"
    }
    },
    suid: 1298035827431
    }
    },
    Header: {
    context: {
    _jsns: "urn:zimbra",
    account: {
    _content: "fernan@seawide.eu",
    by: "name"
    },
    authToken: "(removed)",
    session: {
    _content: 12,
    id: 12
    },
    userAgent: {
    name: "ZimbraWebClient - SAF3 (Win)",
    version: "7.0.0_GA_3077"
    }
    }
    }

Rgds

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Please update your forum profile with the output of the following command (do not post the output in this thread):

Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    Version 7.7.7 hasn't been released yet.

Quote Originally Posted by pajaropinto View Post
    When i try to send a message thru external SMTP server zimbra shows the next error:
    What changes did you make to the Zimbra server and which instructions did you follow?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default Relay

Hi again,

Zimbra versio updated in my profile, i'm sorry.

Preface:

My server name in my home: server01.seawide.eu

I have one domain in remote ISP, the domain is SEA WIDE
    For the email my isp server to send is: "smtp.strato.com"
    to receive: "pop3.strato.com"
    I want receive and send thru my isp server.

I carried out the next changes in my zimbra configuration:

zmprov ms server01.seawide.eu zimbraMtaRelayHost smtp.strato.com:#

echo smtp.strato.com usernameassword > /opt/zimbra/conf/relay_password

postmap hash:/opt/zimbra/conf/relay_password

postconf -e smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/opt/zimbra/conf/relay_password

postconf -e smtp_sasl_auth_enable=yes

postconf -e smtp_cname_overrides_servername=no

postfix reload

postconf -e smtp_use_tls=yes

postfix reload

After this the send messags still not working and i carried out the another changes:

$ zmlocalconfig |grep -i postfix_transport_maps

postfix_transport_maps = proxy:ldap:/opt/zimbra/conf/ldap-transport.cf

vi /opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/transportfile
    seawide.eu :[smtp.strato.com]

$ postmap /opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/transportfile

$ zmlocalconfig -e postfix_transport_maps=hash:/opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/transportfile,proxy:ldap:/opt/zimbra/conf/ldap-transport.cf

zmcontrol stop
    zmcontrol start

And finish but without success.

Please help me,

Rgds

Thread Information