Thread: [SOLVED] No Option For New Spreadsheet and Presentation on Zimbra 7.0

emman is offline Member

Default [SOLVED] No Option For New Spreadsheet and Presentation on Zimbra 7.0

we recently upgraded from 6.0.10 to 7.0. some users noticed that option for creating new spreadsheet or presentation is missing (see attached screenshot). anybody else experiencing this? or i may have missed something during the upgrade.

as a workaround, i ask the users to go to the ff urls:
    - new spreadsheet: https://zimbra.mydomain.org/zimbra/public/SpreadsheetDoc.jsp
    - new presentation: https://zimbra.mydomain.org/zimbra/public/Slides.jsp

we are running Zimbra 7.0 on Ubuntu 8.04.4 LTS.
    Attached Images Attached Images

d2globalinc is offline Special Member

These features are removed from 7.0 .. They are no longer going to provide those features. It's in the release notes for 7.0 under "More About ZCS 7.0 Features".

Code:
    Migration of Notebooks to Briefcase
    In ZCS 7.0, the Notebook application has been removed. When users log into 
    their accounts for the first time or receive an email message after the upgrade 
    to ZCS 7.0, their Notebook folders and pages are migrated to folders in their 
    Briefcase application. 
    The folder structure and file names do not change. The Notebook pages can 
    be edited in Briefcase using Briefcase’s document editor. The migration 
    preserves all the revision history, if it was available, including the revision date 
    and user information. Shared folders are also preserved. 
    Note:   The spreadsheet and slideshow functions are no longer available 
    It is highly recommended to create a backup of the mailbox before upgrading 
    to ZCS 7.0. In a rare case when the migration has not processed all the 
    Notebook pages in the mailbox, the old Notebook items can be retrieved from 
    the backup and manual migration can be attempted on the backup data. 
    The system wiki account is no longer used. If there is active content in the 
    mailbox of the system wiki account, log on to the wiki account after the 
    upgrade so that the Documents Notebook pages are migrated to Briefcase, as 
    the old Documents Notebook content shared with users will not be available in 
    ZCS 7.0
    none of our users are missing it - I don't even think they even knew it was there before..
    - SLM -

emman is offline Member

thanks for the reply! i figured i missed that one. though the slideshow is rarely used, some users use the spreadsheet for collaboration. thanks again.

Cdt27 is offline New Member

There is a soon to be released zimlet that allows for spreadsheet editing, comparable to office 365, Gdocs spreadsheet, with excellent Excel fidelity. But unlike the GDocs and Excel, it's Open Source, runs anywhere, is a web spreadsheet and server.

janis1212 is offline Starter Member

Default are you kidding me?!?

Quote Originally Posted by d2globalinc View Post
    none of our users are missing it - I don't even think they even knew it was there before..
    I cant even tell how maddening that sounds! Are you running a knitting collective that only uses word processors? Any kind of business MUST at least USE spreadsheets to get something done.
    I am wondering if this "upgraded feature" is also in the commercial version.

The fact that the java script files are still there but there is no new/spreadsheat option boggles my mind.

Any news on the zimmlets for that or am I going to have to downgrade to ver. 6 or feng office.
    Thanks.

Cdt27 is offline New Member

There is a spreadsheet Zimlet with advanced features--allows for inline spreadsheet editing compatible with Excel 2010,and tons more is coming out in a couple months.

Thread Information