Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Error : You can't use locks with log tables (after upgrade to ZCS OSE 7)

kpod13 is offline Junior Member

Question [SOLVED] Error : You can't use locks with log tables (after upgrade to ZCS OSE 7)

Hi all!

Recently, I updated the ZCS OSE from version 6.0.10 GA Release to 7.0.0 GA Release. After the upgrade, I get error notifications MySQL:

Code:
    $ /opt/zimbra/mysql/bin/mysqlcheck --defaults-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/my.cnf -S /opt/zimbra/db/mysql.sock -A -C -s -u root --password=mypass mysql.general_log
    mysql.general_log
    Error    : You can't use locks with log tables.
    mysql.slow_log
    Error    : You can't use locks with log tables.
    This is a bug MySQL? Everything works fine, but annoying these messages. How can I fix this bug? Thanks for your help!

mmorse is offline Moderator

As it's on mysql.general_log and mysql.slow_log you can probably ignore it / I get the same.

Assuming libexec/zmdbintregityreport -v is otherwise fine with no 'table upgrade required / repair table' messages suggesting you would have to run libexec/scripts/mibrate20100913-Mysql51.pl

Running table checks implicitly locks the table (equivalent to executing 'LOCK TABLES') to prevent concurrency issues. The log engine is a table type (just like myisam and innodb) that was introduced in 5.1 which do not need - and thus do not support - locking. The mysql slow log and general log use said engine by default.

Long story short, the message you are seeing is harmless & will be addressed in MySQL Bugs: #30487: mysql_upgrade mislead. errors / mysqlcheck 'You can't use locks with log table.' or MySQL Bugs: #43829: mysql_upgrade and log tables

kpod13 is offline Junior Member

Mmorse, thanks for the quick reply! We'll wait for fixing bugs in future versions...

Houston is offline Intermediate Member

MACscr is offline Special Member

Its been 4 years now (MySQL Bugs: #30487: mysql_upgrade mislead. errors / mysqlcheck 'You can't use locks with log table.'), why hasnt this been resolved yet? As a paying customer, I expect bugs to be resolved in a timely manner.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MACscr View Post
    Its been 4 years now (MySQL Bugs: #30487: mysql_upgrade mislead. errors / mysqlcheck 'You can't use locks with log table.'), why hasnt this been resolved yet? As a paying customer, I expect bugs to be resolved in a timely manner.
    Why don't you ask Oracle, that's a MySQL bug (you've even quoted the MySQL bug report) and not a Zimbra bug.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

MACscr is offline Special Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Why don't you ask Oracle, that's a MySQL bug (you've even quoted the MySQL bug report) and not a Zimbra bug.
    You are totally right. My apologies. I have pretty much always had problems with zimbra updates, so was just frustrated after spending 4 hours this morning trying to resolve the issue and then eventually having to restore the backup. Ignore my oversight.

cfcpw is offline Starter Member

I understand the table warning being a MySQL problem but is there a way I can stop MySQL from sending me the root MySQL password?
    Last edited by cfcpw; 01-09-2012 at 10:18 AM. Reason: correction

TNL
    TNL is offline Starter Member

I have the same problem and glad to know that the error means nothing but really nervous when see my root MySQL passwd is on the message.
    Hopefully, it will resolve soon.

lindsey is offline Senior Member

I respectfully disagree here. MySQL is bundled with Zimbra, and I paid for Zimbra. I didn't install MySQL on my own, I wouldn't have it there if Zimbra didn't put it there, and I certainly didn't pay for MySQL.

VMWare should do one or more of the following:

a) find the bug in MySQL and submit a bugfix
    b) find the bug in MySQL and fix it in the Zimbra distribution
    c) switch to a different database
    d) hide the problem by filtering script output and redirecting it to /dev/null where applicable
    e) change zmdbintegrityreport to not acknowledge those errors

Mailing out the mysql password nightly for four years isn't acceptable. Heck, I'm annoyed enough now that maybe I'll write my own patch for Zimbra.

Chris

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information