Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Database Integrity Check Report

sdrury is offline Special Member

Exclamation [SOLVED] Database Integrity Check Report

This is for my home ZCS 7.0.0 FOSS system which was upgraded from 6.0.10 last week.

This morning my admin account received this database report which I have seen before but this time it contains (this is just a sample of the email):

Database errors found.
    /opt/zimbra/mysql/bin/mysqlcheck --defaults-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/my.cnf -S /opt/zimbra/db/mysql.sock -A -C -s -u root --password=xxxxxxxxxxxx
    mboxgroup1.appointment
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `appointment`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup1.data_source_item
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `data_source_item`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup1.imap_folder
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `imap_folder`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup1.mail_item
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `mail_item`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup1.pop3_message
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `pop3_message`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup10.appointment
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `appointment`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup10.data_source_item
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `data_source_item`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup10.imap_folder
    error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE `imap_folder`" or dump/reload to fix it!
    mboxgroup10.mail_item

and more.....

What is this about? The upgrade ran fine with no errors as far as I know.
    Is there something that needs to be run to fix this?

Regards,
    Sean.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sdrury View Post
    What is this about?
    It's about the fact your tables need to be upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by sdrury View Post
    The upgrade ran fine with no errors as far as I know.
    Is there something that needs to be run to fix this?
    You need to run an update script, full details of the script and it's location are in the Release Notes.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thanks Bill - I didn't see that section as it is located straight after the multi-server upgrade section (which doesn't apply to me).

Regards,
    Sean.

mmorse is offline Moderator

Marking solved.

MySQL table upgrade is required after upgrading to ZCS 7.0. MySQL table upgrades are not automatically run during the upgrade to 7.0 based on time that it takes this process to run. There are no known performance impacts of running in production without doing this MySQL table upgrade.

Customers can avoid these errors in the zmdbintegrityreport output by executing /opt/zimbra/libexec/scripts/migrate20100913-Mysql51.pl 

For a 4000 mailbox, 250 MB mailbox size, the script could take about 70 minutes to run. Customers should schedule their maintenance window accordingly. (Bug 24329, 50557)

Database integrity report from last night shows the following - what does this mean?

Database errors found.
    /opt/zimbra/mysql/bin/mysqlcheck --defaults-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/my.cnf -S /opt/zimbra/db/mysql.sock -A -C -s -u root --password=*********
    mysql.general_log
    Error : You can't use locks with log tables.
    mysql.slow_log
    Error : You can't use locks with log tables.

d2globalinc is offline Special Member

Thumbs down

Yeah - I ALSO did not see this anywhere, this should be alerted too when doing the upgrade from the install script itself.. If it is it sure wasn't noticeable by me.

Then the fact the server has been up and running for a week and I just get notified of it today..

Is it OK to let this go until I can schedule downtime afterhours - or is this something that I need to take the server down during normal operations for?
    - SLM -

borngunners is offline Advanced Member

Just had the same message after a week of upgrade... What are the consequences if I don't run the command mentioned above during normal operations today? Also, do you have to run the command as root or as zimbra user?

Dirk is offline Moderator

It's not just me then?
    I got this same email from the system last night at 11pm so I logged a support call regarding it as it looked kinda serious.

I've not heared a whisper from support yet but looking at this thread it seems to be a known issue, my obvious question then would be why didnt the installer take care of this during the upgrade? I appreciate Mike's comment above that it may take a while to run, but our server only has ~50 accounts on it, not 4000 and if it needs doing, I'd expect the server to run the script as part of the update.

My own fault for not reading the documentation before doing the upgrade I guess, but I thought I knew how these worked by now!

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by borngunners View Post
    Just had the same message after a week of upgrade... What are the consequences if I don't run the command mentioned above during normal operations today? Also, do you have to run the command as root or as zimbra user?
    The error messages in post #5 are not a consequence of running, or not running, the upgrade script. If you mean the messages in post #1 they are also harmless. Both sets of messages can be ignored but you should, however, run the table upgrade script.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Dirk is offline Moderator

The documentaion does not state that this needs to be done with the server up or down, or even which user the command should be executed as.
    http://files.zimbra.com/website/docs...otes%207.0.pdf bottom of page 19

so I've ran the script as myself which gave a load of errors (expected really) so it's now running as root with the server up. Let's hope it breaks nothing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information