Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SPAM Filter Not Working After Upgrade to Zimbra 7

nix
    nix is offline Member

Has this issue been resolved?

It seems to be a similar problem to thread mentioned above (empty main.cf after upgrade to 7.0.0) but instead having an empty master.cf (and therefore mail bypassing spam filter).

CaptainFiesta is offline Intermediate Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Changes are made to amavisd.conf.in and they remain in effect for each successive upgrade - amavisd.conf is rewritten for that file. Is it possible that the amavisd.conf had the wrong permissions/owner before you made the change to it? Did you edit the file as root or zimbra user? The master.cf file should also have had those entries in there already, have you modified the file previously?
    I did not edit the files previously. I edited the files as root. It is entirely possible the permissions were wrong. I did do a fixperms along the way but I'm pretty confident I continued to have problems even after running fix perms and restarting.

Note that right now, the two changes I mentioned in amavisd.conf and master.conf are still not in the current configuration. So I'm mystified as to how it's actually working.

Here are the current permissions for the files.

Code:
    -r--r----- 1 zimbra zimbra 28K 2011-02-14 13:40 amavisd.conf
    -r--r----- 1 zimbra zimbra 5.0K 2011-02-14 13:40 ../postfix-2.7.2.2z/conf/master.cf
    Looks to me like the zimbra user cannot write to them which may explain the problem but still doesn't explain how it's working now!

CaptainFiesta is offline Intermediate Member

Quote Originally Posted by vannessachee View Post
    My Spam Filter is not working too after I've upgraded to version 7. Is there any solution? Thanks!
    If you right click on a message and select "Show Original" do you see any X-Spam headers?

borngunners is offline Advanced Member

I am having similar spam issue after upgrade.... In my case, the spam emails are being deferred and I am unable to access the spam emails from the web admin interface. This is the message that shows when I look in the deferred queue:
    sender: mailer-daemon
    from host: localhost.localdomain
    from domain:
    from ip: 127.0.0.1
    Recipients: spam@zimbra.domain.com
    To domain: zimbra.domain.com
    content filter:
    size:9706

Reason: connect to domain.com [192.168.222.***]:7025:connection timed out
    Can someone explain to me why this is happening?

MaffooClock is offline Active Member

I think I may not have the same problem afterall...

Shortly after upgrading, I had ALL spam being delivered into my Inbox, and NONE ever going into the Junk folder. So for each piece of spam, I just retrain it, and things seem to be getting better.

Years ago, before I used Zimbra, I had my own custom Postfix/Dspam setup, and I remember having to train Dspam for the first few weeks. My recent experience with Zimbra 7.0 and spam remind me of those days.

At this time, my Junk folder has a few hundred pieces of unread spam, and my Inbox hasn't seen but one or two in the past week. So, what I'm saying is that perhaps my instance of Zimbra's dspam somehow became "dumb" again and needed to be retrained. I'm just guessing because, even though I know how dspam works, I haven't taken the time to understand how Zimbra uses it, so I might be totally wrong about my theory.

Anyway, I'm exiting this tread now (but still monitoring in case I can help further). I wanted to at least mention my experience in case this may be the same situation for some of you.

Thoughts?

albsallu is offline Intermediate Member

I am currently having this situation.... All emails are going to junk folder for all users... This is a big issue with my boss and she is not happy about it at all.

Please help

John Siu is offline Loyal Member

Quote Originally Posted by albsallu View Post
    I am currently having this situation.... All emails are going to junk folder for all users... This is a big issue with my boss and she is not happy about it at all.

Please help
    Is this happening to one mailbox or all mailbox?

If it is happening to all or many mailboxes, then your tag percentage is too low and you may want to change it to a higher number.

This is happening to all mailboxes... What number do you recommend setting th tag percentage to.

I have kill as 75% and tag as 33%

Hi John,
    I changed the tag percent from 33 to 35 percent and it suspended all emails and everything was showing the deferred queue... Any ideas?

John Siu is offline Loyal Member

33 tag usually. As I reply in the private msg, we properly have to look at some header of emails that went in junk folder wrongly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information